• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

$300??????

19 posts in this topic

well, the guy has a bunch of these oddball Marvel BA titles and is doing pretty well on them. $300 seems like a lot, but that is a sought after issue in this niche and looks to be in real nice shape and there was a lot of bidding action on it. yeah, $300 for a raw copy is a chunk of change on that one, it's not likely to crack a 9.0 based on the scan.

with that said, why on earth would any seller describe these books as warehouse finds? that has to be the stupidist thing I've read recently, talk about shooting yourself in the foot (not that the bidding action seems to have been hampered). that implies there are more of the same issue in nice condition. so what was once an impossible book to find in HG is now not so impossible. "warehouse find" is not a good thing!

OT but did you catch the millie the model annual #4 in 9.6 went for less than 1x guide. someone got a deal there it seemed.

That's a huge warehouse book. I remember Gary Dolgoff having just stacks of those at several successive Chicago shows around 10 years ago.

I have looked at some the 'warehouse' finds by this seller and wasn't impressed by the evidence of foxing. Is that a stain in the lower right quarter of the front cover or foxing? I wonder what the back looks like.

My 12¢

Dennis