• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats It worth??

46 posts in this topic

http://cgi.ebay.com/CGC-9-8-THE-INCREDIBLE-HULK-340-BATTLES-WOLVERINE_W0QQitemZ140149491994QQihZ004QQcategoryZ32757QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Call me crazy but i don't think it's that bad. Sure it's a lot of money for a $10 book but i don't ever recall seeing a quadruple cover before, not to mention 9.8 on a semi-key book with a great Hulk Vs Wolverine battle. If i had the money, i would buy it and i don't even like double covers. It's just such a unique book it would make a great center piece in any collection.

http://cgi.ebay.com/CGC-9-8-THE-INCREDIBLE-HULK-340-BATTLES-WOLVERINE_W0QQitemZ140149491994QQihZ004QQcategoryZ32757QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Call me crazy but i don't think it's that bad. Sure it's a lot of money for a $10 book but i don't ever recall seeing a quadruple cover before, not to mention 9.8 on a semi-key book with a great Hulk Vs Wolverine battle. If i had the money, i would buy it and i don't even like double covers. It's just such a unique book it would make a great center piece in any collection.

CRAZY.

yeah, but that surely has to be a one of a kind item. it's crazy because you can put together a nice (unslabbed) collection with $3,000 if you hunt around, but relative to other "rarities", it doesn't seem out of whack.

Quad covers are extremely rare,but so are the collectors who would pay that kind of money for it.I have a small collection of double/triple covers but wouldn't dream of paying that kind of money for one. I've paid $150 for a 1940s Captain Marvel Jr double,and $125 for a 9.2 Avengers 46 Triple cover,but thats about my limit.

If i had the money, i would buy it

But that's why you DON'T have the money.

I don't get it (shrug)

Anyone who would spend $3K on a quad cover Modern, could hardly be expected to have a spare $3K just sitting around.

I agree with this. I don't think 3K is too outrageous a price for such a unique book.

I don't think 3K is too outrageous a price for such a unique book.

Then step up and buy it.

No, I don't collect moderns, least of all Wolverine covers.

But if I collected double covers, which some do, I'm just saying this would seem to be a grail of sorts and that price is not too outrageous. Just my opinion.

I came across this book on Ebay. I know it isnt worth near what he is asking... Almost 3K!! But what is this book worth? It has to be a one of a kind I would think.. Thanks in advance.

A single cover 9.8 is under $400. Not sure what GPA is on the book but 8X for the multiple covers is just insane to me.

I came across this book on Ebay. I know it isnt worth near what he is asking... Almost 3K!! But what is this book worth? It has to be a one of a kind I would think.. Thanks in advance.

A single cover 9.8 is under $400. Not sure what GPA is on the book but 8X for the multiple covers is just insane to me.

I suspect that there is a very wide gulf between the collectors that find four covers interesting, and those willing to pay for the curiosity.