• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whats It worth??

46 posts in this topic

I'm pretty sure the "mysterious trimmer" or Matt Nelson or a half dozen others could easily manufacture a quad cover if they wanted to.
That would suck.

The ingredients are all there.

1) Take 4 issues of untouched modern book

2) remove three covers

3) Carefully add them to book 4.

4) Rinse repeat.

Someone tried this with a Batman 10¢ Adventure... 6 covers. It now resides in a GLOD slab.

I'm pretty sure the "mysterious trimmer" or Matt Nelson or a half dozen others could easily manufacture a quad cover if they wanted to.
That would suck.

2) remove three covers

4) Rinse repeat.

The hardest part would be finding 4 copies with staples holes in the same exact place. If the holes were not in the same exact placement, the 4 covers would be slightly staggered... thus a dead giveaway that the covers were married.

That would suck.

2) remove three covers

4) Rinse repeat.

The hardest part would be finding 4 copies with staples holes in the same exact place. If the holes were not in the same exact placement, the 4 covers would be slightly staggered... thus a dead giveaway that the covers were married.

My guess is, that it's already been done. :grin: perhaps not a quad, but at least a double.

I think CGC would be on top of detecting this, but what about raw double covers on the open market? hm

That would suck.

2) remove three covers

4) Rinse repeat.

It would be much easier to do with squarebound books. Those are the ones where sometimes the outer cover is not attached, right?

I'm not saying it would be easy,but if I was going to do it,I'd hand it in at a show where they are rushing to grade 1500 books in a day.

would CREEP affect a book that was only a few years old? How about a few months? I'm not familiar with the term,except in connection with Nixon.