• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Batman 244

11 posts in this topic

I thought I'd post this one on the tails of another copy of Batman 244 I saw on another thread (or maybe it was this thread).

Anyway, this is one of my all-time favourite covers and, no, it's not because of the pants issue.

Bottom corner has a ding in it with some rub on the back cover.

The upper right corner of the scan shows the edge as being slightly chipped in several places but it isn't...that is just a scanning issue of some sort.

My guess is VF-ish, give or take a notch.

Gimme your grade!

BAT244.jpg

BAT244B.jpg

How can Ra's be holding Batman's Batsuit including the pants if Batman is still wearing the pants????

I believe Neal Adams himself or maybe it was Denny O'Neil once said it had to do with possible nudity on the cover (CCA problem) but instead of re-doing the cover, they just coloured in his legs to look like he was still wearing his pants thinking no one would notice Ra's was already holding them.

How can Ra's be holding Batman's Batsuit including the pants if Batman is still wearing the pants????

I believe Neal Adams himself or maybe it was Denny O'Neil once said it had to do with possible nudity on the cover (CCA problem) but instead of re-doing the cover, they just coloured in his legs to look like he was still wearing his pants thinking no one would notice Ra's was already holding them.

I think it was just a simple coloring issue gone wrong, like Daredevil 196.