• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is the seller's grading accurate? Atom #7

10 posts in this topic

Hello, all. I was thinking about getting this on ebay, but wanted to check with you all first. The seller has graded this as Fine 6.0 with white pages. He has 99% positive feedback with over 800 reviews, so I think he's trustworthy. He sent me this large scan, and I was wondering if you all agree with his grading.

atom7ya5.jpg

You can't see the back of the book, remember that counts too. But from what you show here while Fine isn't way out of the ballpark it looks like a pretty rough Fine. I'm guessing more like VG/F to Fine-, or 5.0 to 5.5. Maybe closer to 5.0. Even trustworthy graders can miss by a grade here and there easy.

He is obviously trustworthy , judging by the fact he sent the large scan, But he is definitly off. Creases ,smudges tiny tears, spine wear... 4.5/5.0 tops

And water stains.

I wasn't going to mention those....but in the ad, he said that there was "no water damage"...The other stuff doesn't bother me as much as the fact that he specifically mentioned it was not water damaged.