• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone subcribe to the ComicArt Fans completed

9 posts in this topic

Auctions and sales info? Is it any good? Is it worth the additional $$ on top of the premium membership? I subscribe to the ebay completed auctions data, buts its only for 2 months and kind of cumbersome to search for OA.

any help is greatly appreciated!

thanks

I have subscribed to the market data since it was first offered. It has data from several sources and having that information have kept me from making several deals that would have been disadvantageous to me. As well, it has helped me jump on deals that were well priced compared to recent sales.

So to answer your question. YES...it has worked out great for me.

Chris

Auctions and sales info? Is it any good? Is it worth the additional $$ on top of the premium membership? I subscribe to the ebay completed auctions data, buts its only for 2 months and kind of cumbersome to search for OA.

thanks

I have subscribed to the market data since it was first offered. It has data from several sources and having that information have kept me from making several deals that would have been disadvantageous to me. As well, it has helped me jump on deals that were well priced compared to recent sales.

So to answer your question. YES...it has worked out great for me.

Chris

I echo Chris's sentimtents.

If you want to be an informed consumer, this is a service that's well worth the money, especially if you plan to be buying art within the next year. Buying art without this is like buying comics without an Overstreet and GPA.

(thumbs u

thanks

Love it! Use it all the time! Worth every penny (thumbs u

How do you use it?

Since OA is Unique does it track past sales of that particilar piece?

Well, if that particular page has sold on one of the venues it draws data from, it'll show up in your results and you can see the exact sales history for that page. I've had that happen with pages I'm looking at.

And it gives you some perspective on market history of what similar pages have sold for. Maybe the exact page you are looking at hasn't sold, but other pages from the same issue or issues close to it, or with the same characters. To me that's valuable information to have.

Obviously with art, pages ARE unique so you can't necessarily say that if page A sells for X amount, then page B should sell for X amount too. But it gives you an idea, maybe a benchmark that you can decide if you are willing to pay a certain amount or not.

I picked it up because it wasn't much more on top of the premium membership - a great idea to subscribe to - Bill and co. do a great job and deserve all the support they can get! I buy really inexpensive pieces (mostly under $100 with a couple around $200) but have still found it interesting to peruse. It can be really helpful to see what similar pieces go for on the secondary market when you are considering picking up pieces from a dealer.

It's also really helpful to see if pages you are interested in have been for sale recently and what they went for. My main quibble with the system has more to do with eBay and eBay sellers than CAF. Because eBay deletes auction pages after X number of days, you are left to the seller's auction title to determine what actual page was for sale. It seems more times than not sellers just list the comic title and don't include issue and/or page. Stupid sellers...

But overall, great service! What is it, only an extra $30 on top of the CAF subscription. Really worth it and much more affordable than GPA.

-Bob