• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - It was worth the time it took me away from comics!

71 posts in this topic

My only comment on this is that:

a) this is the wrong forum (where are the rules police now?)

b) I think criticisms or praise are difficult here... we only know what we read. I couldn't pass judgment either way.

c) I can say that it is certainly a victory for his client getting the charges reduced, and from a legal perspective, given the evidence that he was faced with, I would wager to say Zaid over came significant obstacles to make this happen. Was justice done? I couldn't say, and I think that aspect of the debate is pointless to comment on.

:golfclap:

Mark....do you think you could make videos on other subjects as well? You have such a pleasant demeanor. I was wondering if some of the other board members can up with some different topics for you. You know, like purchasing stereo equiptment or dating etiquette.The proper use of a condom or lawn mower care, those are just a few things that spring to mind.

Actually, the website is pretty wild. Offers informations on all sorts of different topics. Some serious. Some comical. It is a British company so the humor is often different but quite hysterical.

Some of the range is reflected in the topics:

Some light-hearted videos:

How to Undo Her Bra With One Hand

How to put on a condom

Some practical:

How to install more memory into your computer

How to manage your finances

Some quite serious:

Interrogation in Iraq

12 Steps and types of addictions

Quite an innovative and educational, as well as fun, site. (thumbs u

My posting of the articles was not intended to celebrate the death of civilians or anyone for that matter, but simply to point out a positive career accomplishment, which significantly impacted my comic business due to the time it required, that I wanted to share with friends, much in the same way some post about the birth of their new child (again, not comic related).

Gene managed to express my feelings about this thread MUCH better than I could.

You're an intelligent guy and obviously very competent in your profession, so I'm pretty surprised by your lack of judgment in this instance. Sharing an accomplishment with your forum buddies is one thing, but considering the sensitive nature of that accomplishment and the inevitable knee-jerk reactions of praise that come from people who are really in no position to be praising anything except your personal victory, I think this thread is extremely inappropriate.

..., and the inevitable knee-jerk reactions of criticism that come from people who are really in no position to be criticizing anything...,

My posting of the articles was not intended to celebrate the death of civilians or anyone for that matter, but simply to point out a positive career accomplishment, which significantly impacted my comic business due to the time it required, that I wanted to share with friends, much in the same way some post about the birth of their new child (again, not comic related).

Gene managed to express my feelings about this thread MUCH better than I could.

You're an intelligent guy and obviously very competent in your profession, so I'm pretty surprised by your lack of judgment in this instance. Sharing an accomplishment with your forum buddies is one thing, but considering the sensitive nature of that accomplishment and the inevitable knee-jerk reactions of praise that come from people who are really in no position to be praising anything except your personal victory, I think this thread is extremely inappropriate.

..., and the inevitable knee-jerk reactions of criticism that come from people who are really in no position to be criticizing anything...,

Oh, snap!

Mark....do you think you could make videos on other subjects as well? You have such a pleasant demeanor. I was wondering if some of the other board members can up with some different topics for you. You know, like purchasing stereo equiptment or dating etiquette.The proper use of a condom or lawn mower care, those are just a few things that spring to mind.

Actually, the website is pretty wild. Offers informations on all sorts of different topics. Some serious. Some comical. It is a British company so the humor is often different but quite hysterical.

How to put on a condom

Some practical:

Some quite serious:

Interrogation in Iraq

That's a great resource. I checked them all out, but I was dissapointed that the one on addictions didn't specifically mention GA comics. I have to say that Mark is a good sport to put up with my mild ribbing and some of the more serious abuse. I'm having a hard time figuring out why some people have such a negative reaction to Mark, since he seems like such a good guy. He very productive and gets things done. So he toots his own horn...who doesn't in one way or another? I wish I had more to toot mine about.

Wow, as a federal employee I wish I had known you were that type of lawyer. I needed one who knew the system an would file something for me but none of them around here were interested.

My interest is in who retained Mark and was it a pro bono case? I wonder about that sort of thing although its none of my business.

How to put on a condom

Some practical:

Some quite serious:

Interrogation in Iraq

That's a great resource. I checked them all out, but I was dissapointed that the one on addictions didn't specifically mention GA comics. I have to say that Mark is a good sport to put up with my mild ribbing and some of the more serious abuse. I'm having a hard time figuring out why some people have such a negative reaction to Mark, since he seems like such a good guy. He very productive and gets things done. So he toots his own horn...who doesn't in one way or another? I wish I had more to toot mine about.

Harmless and mild ribbing done in fun is perfectly fine, and something to probably be encouraged on these boards when people get too serious!!! So my hats off to you BH (thumbs u I was happy to rib you right back and hope you learned something from that bra video! :kidaround:

Unfortunately, there are others who abound who, even though they might never have met someone in person and for their own personal reasons, seem committed to criticize and see only the negative in something. Very sad. :( The only positive that arises from such posts is that these individuals reveal themselves for what they are, or the agenda that they hide. :gossip:

Anyway, GA comics rock (even if they are addictive)! :headbang:

Wow, as a federal employee I wish I had known you were that type of lawyer. I needed one who knew the system an would file something for me but none of them around here were interested.

My interest is in who retained Mark and was it a pro bono case? I wonder about that sort of thing although its none of my business.

See PM. :gossip:

Nobody seemed to care when he posted something about his success in defending a government whistblower. I guess whistleblowing is less controversial (unless you're the one getting whistled on!).

I guess as a quasi-prosecutor I'm on the other side, but I can appreciate the search for the truth and not sending someone away who volunteered for this mess abroad for more than is appropriate. Luckily, the people I deal with have already been convicted and most of them for really heinous crimes. I'd be happy to deal with someone who was found guilty of negligent homicide rather than the who beat a three year old girl to death who writes me three threatening letters a week.

Just so that I am not misunderstood, the death of ___ civilians, be they American, Iraqi or anything else, is heinous, but it seems the the criminal act here was perhaps one that didn't involve the type of intent where the perpetrator is so heinous... those of you who may disagree know what I'm saying.