• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PG Someone else's ASM 4

Grade  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Grade

28 posts in this topic

Well, he wasn't really in the mood to go any lower than $145 and since I wasn't going to bite on that price, the deal's off. I probably wouldn't have minded going $100 on this just because the availability on this particular issue in low prices hasn't been too hot. eBay will run at least $150 or better, and Brent's got a copy in 0.5 PR but asking price is $75 (w/ a mean looking chunk out of the bottom right). I'd possibly even think that one over if it were half the price... but oh well.

Consider this a blessing in disguise and wait for a better copy!!!!

Yeah... pain though is you rarely ever find this one running for the $100 mark (or less!) fully intact. It's a big pond out there so I'm sure one will eventually work its way back around. :tonofbricks:

Eh, still a few months til Christmas.

I say this in all seriousness...you should buy a few more of those undervalued books at your LCS and flip them. Or sell your Avengers #4. Or just keep saving.

ASM #4 is a really neat book, a key worth breaking the $100 mark for, and you can definitely do better than this copy. I sold an attractive 2.5 copy for around $180, if memory serves. Have patience, & wait until the right copy presents itself.

Just my 2c:hi:

Jon

Unfortunately, all of those undervalued books have been sold. Truthfully, I should have bought them myself and flipped them for a tidy profit. But, there are some board members here who I bought them for straight up and shared the love (a few managed to make their way into my collection though...). He's got a got a few new ones that just came in (B&B 29, Showcase 1 & 2), but I'm not really sure what the market is for nicer condition low to mid grade copies on these for flipping.

A little bummed the fella wouldn't budge? Sure. But, like I said, another copy will find its way around eventually. And I actually have the Avengers 4 still- though I've promised to a board member for first dibs if I ever do decide to liquidate it for a key Spidey. Barring that instance, I'll probably hold to it- just too cool of a story to go along with it. :)

But, there are some board members here who I bought them for straight up and shared the love (a few managed to make their way into my collection though...).

(thumbs u (thumbs u

No, they're boardline 5.0-5.5 but when he asked me to grade them, I said a conservative 4.0 will have them sell much easier which he agreed. They're also about $800 combined which is quite a bit of money to take a gamble on.