• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvels Giant-Size 52 Pagers 1971 Tough To Find In NM GRADE!

59 posts in this topic

Prices paid and demand for Marvels 52 page format books from late 1971 are leaping upward it seems?. In the past couple of years Iron man #43 CGC 9.8 has sold for $650.00 and Captain America #143 CGC 9.8 for $600.00 just to name a few. Many bronze age collectors know the demand in high grade there is for these 52 pager books.. An ebay auction ended a few weeks ago with a copy of My Love Special #1(1971) by Marvel in what appears to be a raw 9.0 VF/NM copy going for $300.00 or 7 times the Overstreet 9.0 VF/NM guide price!( see ebay item # 300154829628)

Imagine if it were a CGC 9.6 or CGC 9.8 copy what it may have gone for?.

Avengers #93 I feel is probably the most in demand book of the Marvel 52 pagers in high grade especially with its Neal Adams cover and art.

Check out (Comic book marketplace magazine issue #81) for more info on these comics.. Happy collecting!!

Prices paid and demand for Marvels 52 page format books from late 1971 are leaping upward it seems?. In the past couple of years Iron man #43 CGC 9.8 has sold for $650.00 and Captain America #143 CGC 9.8 for $600.00 just to name a few. Many bronze age collectors know the demand in high grade there is for these 52 pager books.. An ebay auction ended a few weeks ago with a copy of My Love Special #1(1971) by Marvel in what appears to be a raw 9.0 VF/NM copy going for $300.00 or 7 times the Overstreet 9.0 VF/NM guide price!( see ebay item # 300154829628)

Avengers #93 I feel is probably the most in demand book of the Marvel 52 pagers in high grade especially with its Neal Adams cover and art.

Check out (Comic book marketplace magazine issue #83) for more info on these comics.. Happy collecting!!

I am a huge fan of the 52 pagers! You may be right about 93 and demand, but there are some issues out there that if they show up in uber-high grade will command tall coin: the My Love and Our Love Story issues and Outlaw Kid 8 spring to mind immediately . . .

Avengers 93 is not rare by any stretch of the imagination but it probably has the most going for it... beginning of the classic Skrull/Kree War, some of Neal Adams' best work, square bound Marvel, picture frame. It's hard to beat it.

Check out (Comic book marketplace magazine issue #83) for more info on these comics.. Happy collecting!!

I am a huge fan of the 52 pagers! You may be right about 93 and demand, but there are some issues out there that if they show up in uber-high grade will command tall coin: the My Love and Our Love Story issues and Outlaw Kid 8 spring to mind immediately . . .

Outlaw Kid 8 doesn't get good money. My 9.6 was the biggest disappointment when I listed it a few years ago. Dork

[Outlaw Kid 8 doesn't get good money. My 9.6 was the biggest disappointment when I listed it a few years ago. Dork

Outlaw Kid #8 isn't difficult in HG by any stretch of the imagination. That's why yours didn't sell well...

Jim

If I recall correctly, there was fairly strong demand for these books a few years back, along with the Giant-Size Marvels, but a huge supply of the Marvel giants in NM has kept prices in check for 9.4 or lower copies.

That being said, Avengers #93 is by far the best of the lot. The story is decent, but the Neal Adams artwork is incredible!

That being said, Avengers #93 is by far the best of the lot. The story is decent, but the Neal Adams artwork is incredible!

Agreed...best Adams interior work while at Marvel in my opinion....

Jim

[Outlaw Kid 8 doesn't get good money. My 9.6 was the biggest disappointment when I listed it a few years ago. Dork

Outlaw Kid #8 isn't difficult in HG by any stretch of the imagination. That's why yours didn't sell well...

Jim

I'd appreciate directions to the high grade Outlaw Kid tree, so I could pluck one of these plentiful beauties at my leisure . . .

I just recently heard from a comic shop dealer who last month sold the ONLY CGC 9.8 graded copy of Thor #193.

It sold for $2,200.00!!!!-------

Prices being paid for Marvel 52 pagers from the early 70s are headed towards the moon. An X-men Special #2 1971 52 pager sold I believe for $476.00 in CGC 9.6!!!! on pedigree comics.

Has anyone compiled a list of all the 52 pagers...I searched through the threads but came up empty-handed. (shrug)

check out the GS registry set online. Watson has a registry set so just click on on of his banners and hunt until you find it.

Has anyone compiled a list of all the 52 pagers...I searched through the threads but came up empty-handed. (shrug)

check out the GS registry set online. Watson has a registry set so just click on on of his banners and hunt until you find it.

52 pagers <> GS Marvels, dork. 52 pagers are books like Avengers 93, ASM 102, Hulk 145, Iron Man 43, etc :whistle:

52 pagers <> GS Marvels, dork. 52 pagers are books like Avengers 93, ASM 102, Hulk 145, Iron Man 43, etc :whistle:

Ah, i see, kinda like Helen Keller

Marvel 52 pager early 70s checklist

Amazing spider-man #102

Astonishing Tales #8

Avengers #93

Avengers Special #5

Captain America #143

Captain America Special #2

Chamber of Darkness Special #1

Chili Special #1

Conan #10,#11

Daredevil #81

Daredevil Special #2,#3

Fantastic Four #116

Fear #5,#6

Incredible Hulk #145

Incredible Hulk Special #4

Iron Man #43

Iron Man Special #2

Kid Colt #156

Mad About Miliie Annual #1

Marvel Feature #1,#2

Marvels Greatest Comics #34

Marvel Spotlight #2

Marvel Tales #33

Marvel Triple Action #1

Mighty Marvel Western #15,#16

Millie The model #192

Millie The Model Annual #10

Monsters On The Prowl #13,#14

My Love #14

My Love Special #1`

Nick Fury Agent Of Shield #16,#17,#18( #16 Marvels (FIRST) 52 pager squarebound comic of the bronze age-----cover dated November 1970)

Our Love Story #13

Outlaw Kid #8

Rawhide Kid #92,#93

Ringo Kid #12

SGT. Fury #92

SGT. Fury Special #7

Special Marvel Edition #4

Sub-Mariner #43

Sub-Mariner Special #2

Thor #193

Thor Special #4

Tower Of Shadows Special #1

Western Gunfighters #7

Where Monsters Dwell #13

X-men #67,#68,#69,#70,#72

X-men Special #2

Jim

I'd appreciate directions to the high grade Outlaw Kid tree, so I could pluck one of these plentiful beauties at my leisure . . .

:signfunny:

A Sub-mariner #43(52 pager) in CGC 9.6 sold recently on Pedigreecomics for $350.00 a little over 10X guide price!!! what if it were CGC 9.8??? The book only guides for $32.00 and has a black cover.

Marvel 52 pager early 70s checklist

Amazing spider-man #102

Astonishing Tales #8

Avengers #93

Avengers Special #5

Captain America #143

Captain America Special #2

Chamber of Darkness Special #1

Chili Special #1

Conan #10,#11

Daredevil #81

Daredevil Special #2,#3

Fantastic Four #116

Fear #5,#6

Incredible Hulk #145

Incredible Hulk Special #4

Iron Man #43

Iron Man Special #2

Kid Colt #156

Mad About Miliie Annual #1

Marvel Feature #1,#2

Marvels Greatest Comics #34

Marvel Spotlight #2

Marvel Tales #33

Marvel Triple Action #1

Mighty Marvel Western #15,#16

Millie The model #192

Millie The Model Annual #10

Monsters On The Prowl #13,#14

My Love #14

My Love Special #1`

Nick Fury Agent Of Shield #16,#17,#18( #16 Marvels (FIRST) 52 pager squarebound comic of the bronze age-----cover dated November 1970)

Our Love Story #13

Outlaw Kid #8

Rawhide Kid #92,#93

Ringo Kid #12

SGT. Fury #92

SGT. Fury Special #7

Special Marvel Edition #4

Sub-Mariner #43

Sub-Mariner Special #2

Thor #193

Thor Special #4

Tower Of Shadows Special #1

Western Gunfighters #7

Where Monsters Dwell #13

X-men #67,#68,#69,#70,#72

X-men Special #2

MyLoveQueenSizeAnnual0001.jpg

Jim

1: Start out going NORTH on BUCKEYE BLVD. 0.5 mi

2: Turn RIGHT onto DORK DR. 0.6 mi

3: Turn RIGHT onto JACK MEHOFF ST. 0.9 mi

4: Turn LEFT onto F U RD. 0.8 mi

5: Turn RIGHT onto GO FIST YOURSELF WAY.0.9 mi

6: End at OUTLAW KID TREE Way.