• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: ASM #33

25 posts in this topic

That's a huge Marvel pre-chip. :(

Best bet is to slab it, sell it, and buy a better one.

Probably in the 7s but you might squeek an 8 out since they go soft on chipping.

Yeah, the book presents very well, if not for the marvel chipping on the edge. I'm even afraid to read the book to prevent creases from happening. I didn't know that the interior cover was done in Ditko's last moment.. THis book should be a must have for Spiderman collectors then.. Great to hear some background on it (thumbs u

I was doing a lot of artwork...illustration and painting at one time in my life (basically the early 70s) and I painted this cover a couple of times for friends...had a lot of fun with this one and if I do say so myself the two paintings I did of this cover were some of the best work I've ever done...

There's also a non color-breaking vertical crease that appears to go thru the whole book(More visible in the BC pic)

It's more of a roll than a crease . . . :baiting:

7.0 :sumo:

It's more of a bend than a roll.... :baiting:

:sumo:

Schmend/Scroll . . . (shrug) it's certainly not a crease :makepoint:

:hi:

In my opinion this is the greatest SPIDEY arc bar none. May not be the most valued moneywise but you really get a sense of the inner strength as well as Physical strength Peter has in gettiing out of this mess. The writing and panel composition works incredibly well. Any one who cant afford the originals should pick this up in reprint....Awesome stuff!