• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS: Warehouse Copies 1970s CLOSED!!! Thanks

89 posts in this topic

"Good" stuff is in the eye of the beholder

True...but when you brag about getting first dibs, it makes others question what they may have missed and didn't get a crack at... hm

Jim

:baiting: It's part of my mind game. :baiting:

And you do a good job at it... :baiting:

Honestly, lots of people for some reason contact me when they have books to sell. (shrug)

I don't really expect it but they do it anyways. :banana:

You give off pheromones.

I pay despite being a pain in the azz but they still come to me. :angel:

Like moths to a flame.

Horse to water
Lemmings to the cliff

Paratrooper to the beer.

You missed like flies to poop.gif

"Good" stuff is in the eye of the beholder

True...but when you brag about getting first dibs, it makes others question what they may have missed and didn't get a crack at... hm

Jim

:baiting: It's part of my mind game. :baiting:

And you do a good job at it... :baiting:

Honestly, lots of people for some reason contact me when they have books to sell. (shrug)

I don't really expect it but they do it anyways. :banana:

You give off pheromones.

I pay despite being a pain in the azz but they still come to me. :angel:

Like moths to a flame.

Horse to water
Lemmings to the cliff

Paratrooper to the beer.

You missed like flies to poop.gif

Crooks to Eugene?

Yes, it's true. I give Greggy first crack at most of the books I sell. He pays more than anyone, never complains and is an all around decent chap. He has been a preferred buyer for over 8 years.

Stuart...if all the good stuff has already been cherrypicked then what's the point in browsing your listings? (shrug)

Jim

Amen, always the voice of reason Jim.

Yes, it's true. I give Greggy first crack at most of the books I sell. He pays more than anyone, never complains and is an all around decent chap. He has been a preferred buyer for over 8 years.

Stuart...if all the good stuff has already been cherrypicked then what's the point in browsing your listings? (shrug)

Jim

You see there is the problem right there!

Why does someone think the first buyer cherry picks all the good stuff? There are over 1200 books on the list, Greggy bought 15 or 16 books I think? If you think he got all the good ones you are mistaken. I just sold 100+ books to a board member and he got in later than most of you. He found books he needed? This was well after Greggy had his cherry picking first shot at them!

The Conans are primo, packed away for 25+ years, Greggy passed on all of them. Someone just bought 30 of them in one shot? I disagree that all the good stuff is gone.

What is it that you collect. I did not list all the books I have, I held some back.....

Let me just say that dealing with Stuart has been very easy... I suspect that the quality, based on what I know about these books, is extremely, extremely high. And I also think $5 a book is a steal.

I'm sorry to see the thread closed, there were truly some awesome books in here...

I am heading out of town on a short biz trip, back on Thursday. After all the dust settles and the orders are paid for I will do a recount of what is available and see about a new thread.

(thumbs u

Cherry-pickers meh
Yes, Stuart always seems to send me a list of his new purchases first because I rule. Damn seanh only got the list because Stuart misplaced a book that he won previously so it was a make up. Plus, I don't get it at the cheapie price. :baiting:

(shrug):hi::screwy:

Cherry-pickers meh
Yes, Stuart always seems to send me a list of his new purchases first because I rule. Damn seanh only got the list because Stuart misplaced a book that he won previously so it was a make up. Plus, I don't get it at the cheapie price. :baiting:

Never again, jackazz

Cherry-pickers meh

Never again, jackazz

You're not the boss of Stuart.

Cherry-pickers meh

Never again, jackazz

No, but he loves me more. :luhv:

Cherry-pickers meh

Never again, jackazz

No, but he loves me more, because I pay right away and don't try to nickle and dime him. :luhv:

Fixed for you buddy (thumbs u

Cherry-pickers meh

Never again, jackazz

No, but he loves me more, because I pay right away and don't try to nickle and dime him. :luhv:

Fixed for you buddy (thumbs u

Well, it's obvious why sellers love me. (shrug)