• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toronto ComiCON - Sunday FEBRUARY 3, 2008 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre

59 posts in this topic

Toronto ComiCON - Sunday February 3, 2008

Metro Toronto Convention Centre - Room 104

11AM - 5PM

With guest: MITCH BREITWEISER (artist, Captain America: The Chosen)

80 Dealer tables

Admission: $5 / Fan Expo Canada VIP Pass Holders: Free

www.hobbystar.com

Also - please note the 4th Annual Toronto ComiCON Fan Appreciation event will be held on April 12-13, 2008, the same weekend it was held in 2007. Details and guests will be announced in early 2008.

The Toronto ComiCON Fan Appreciation event will be a 2-day event in 2008 and is designed to thank the Toronto comic book fans that have supported the Fan Expo, the largest comic book related event in Canada, for almost fifteen years. It is designed to be a more traditional comic book event, as per the wishes of the Toronto fans and will include comic book related programming such as panels, workshops and sketch-offs.

Details on admission and on the free admission coupon vouchers that will be available at participating comic book stores will be announced along with the guest list in early 2008.

Thanks to everyone who came out to the one day show last weekend on the 21st! We're already gearing up for this February event and the upcoming annual Spring Fan Appreciation Event. Look for a lot of information on this February event to start appearing during the holiday season and into January, and the guest list for Fan Appreciation will also be made available around that time. I wish I could share with you some of the confirmed names for April, but we're going to wait until the list is pretty much completed before we do that.

Joining Mitch Breitweiser at the February 3rd show will be:

FRANCIS MANAPUL

Francis (Witchblade, Iron and the Maiden) Manapul is the new artist for DC's relaunch of Legion of Super-Heroes with writer (and industry legend) Jim Shooter. Their first issue is #37 (shipping December 26th) so both 37 and 38 should be out in time for the February 3rd Toronto ComiCON event.

www.francismanapul.com

8939_400x600.jpg

AGNES GARBOWSKA

www.evilrabbit.org

More news to come...

Hey John, if you take a look at the dealer application form for the October show you'll notice that it also includes the February and April shows (although I don't believe the price for tables for April is listed - however, February's are and they are the same price as the October show).

If you no longer have it, I will resend the application to you when I'm at the office tomorrow.

Just clarified some things this morning.

Dealers who were set up at the October 21 show don't need to send a dealer application in as you already have a file for 2008. You only need to send an email to james@hobbystar.com indicating that you want tables at the February 3rd and/or April 12-13 shows and how many you want.

Dealers who were not at the October 21 show need to send in an application for tables to open their 2008 file.

Show is exactly one month away. Still a few dealer tables left.

Mitch Breitweiser has confirmed that he will be doing a few commissions at the show and will have some original art pages available for sale.

As I may have mentioned before, we will be announcing the confirmed guest list for the April 12-13 Fan Appreciation Show first at the Feb. 3rd one day show and then all over the place the following week. We think you'll be really happy and excited with the guests who will be coming in April.

Kev

19 days away!!!!!

As Kev posted above you get a sneak peek at the guests for the

4th Annual Fan Appreciation Event April 12-13/08.

I think Kev is putting it lightly by saying “We think you'll be really happy and excited with the guests who will be coming in April”

A lot of work went into this guest list. (And I mean a lot) :applause:

So comic fans be prepared. :grin:

This guest list is shaping up to be the greatest comic creator guest list the city of Toronto has ever seen!!!!

:o

19 days away!!!!!

As Kev posted above you get a sneak peek at the guests for the

4th Annual Fan Appreciation Event April 12-13/08.

I think Kev is putting it lightly by saying “We think you'll be really happy and excited with the guests who will be coming in April”

A lot of work went into this guest list. (And I mean a lot) :applause:

So comic fans be prepared. :grin:

This guest list is shaping up to be the greatest comic creator guest list the city of Toronto has ever seen!!!!

:o

:o :o

:popcorn:

:banana:

"This guest list is shaping up to be the greatest comic creator guest list the city of Toronto has ever seen!!!!"

It is going to have to beat Cosmicon 1975 with Stan Lee, DC President Carmine Infantino, James Warren, Michell Eury the Playboy art director, P.J.O'Rourke the Nat.Lamp. editor in chief, Jones, Wrightson, Kaluta and the other Jones, Starlin, Weiss, Chaykin, Gray Morrow, Neal Adams, Jim Steranko, Frank Brunner, Steve Skeates, Denny O'Neil, Steve Englehart and twenty or thirty other New York comic pros though the only other one I can remember is Alan Kupperberg.

It's not going to beat that is it? You couldn't beat that if you handed them all free coupons for the ads in the back pages of Now Magazine. From now on write down that it is shaping up to ;be the second greatest comic creator guest list the city of Toronto has ever seen.