• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why aren't the classic Hanna Barbera adventure cartoons available on DVD?

12 posts in this topic

I just can't believe that classics such as Herculoids and the original Fantastic Four cartoon aren't available on DVD. These classic Toth-designed cartoons are terrific... and so much worse has found its way to DVD. What the hell?

I just can't believe that classics such as Herculoids and the original Fantastic Four cartoon aren't available on DVD. These classic Toth-designed cartoons are terrific... and so much worse has found its way to DVD. What the hell?
I am awaiting the Herculoids as well. :popcorn:

In my opinion, the Hanna Barbera FF cartoons are the best animated version of the FF, and possibly my favorite super-hero cartoon.

Isn't that the one where they also had a Hulk and Iron Man cartoon and noone really moved....it was like a series of still shots?

Or is this the one with Herbie?

In my opinion, the Hanna Barbera FF cartoons are the best animated version of the FF, and possibly my favorite super-hero cartoon.

They are mine too. They stay far closer to the comic book stories than anything except maybe the original Marvel cartoons (Cap, Iron Man, Hulk and Sub-Mariner)

from the same time period. And I love those too, even though the animation is abysmal. What great theme songs - correct!!

I picked up the HB Space Ghost and just released Birdman - FANTASTIC Toth created/inspired stuff

I have a collection of the FF - but they're bootleg - also have some of the Herculoids - but same thing.

Anybody hear of them releasing either one of these - please post to the boards

Also the original Marvel cartoons.

Isn't that the one where they also had a Hulk and Iron Man cartoon and noone really moved....it was like a series of still shots?

Or is this the one with Herbie?

Those were the original Marvel Cartoons. Still shots with just a little animation.

So bad they were great!!