• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS #39 complete first Iron Man story on ebay

32 posts in this topic

Anyone notice the TOS #39 original art on ebay as a buy it now for $660,000?

Surprised it is not featured higher profile...

http://cgi.ebay.com/TALES-OF-SUSPENSE-39-STORY-FIRST-IRONMAN-ORIGINAL-ART_W0QQitemZ330174072937QQihZ014QQcategoryZ972QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

no pictures, which is kind of strange....

remember...

We Live In A World Where Worth Is Rare (shrug)

Puzzling...I agree but it

has a much better ring to it than

"I LIVE IN A WORLD OF SH@##%$T"

pyle.jpg

dontcha think? (shrug)

remember...

pyle.jpg

dontcha think? (shrug)

:signfunny:

What a waste of money (listing fee wise) hope it was at least $.10 listing day.

You would think he would include *any* real information other than his cryptic rant. A strange way to fish for offers or valuation to say the least.

last time I saw this on ebay about a year ago, it was 395K...you would think if he was serious about selling it, it would have pics...

I think he's fishing for buyers a la the seller of the X-Men 1 story.

As i recall last time he would send you pics if you contact him and requested them. But yes, it's odd that he doesn't put any in the listing (shrug) . If you look at his ebay store, he has a number of pages with pics, but a few key ones with none. Sense? :screwy:

last time I saw this on ebay about a year ago, it was 395K...you would think if he was serious about selling it, it would have pics...

I think he's fishing for buyers a la the seller of the X-Men 1 story.

As i recall last time he would send you pics if you contact him and requested them. But yes, it's odd that he doesn't put any in the listing (shrug) . If you look at his ebay store, he has a number of pages with pics, but a few key ones with none. Sense? :screwy:

We've all seen that before, when some guy thinks he holds all the 'crown jewels' in his irory tower. He somehow interprets this as enabling him to make his own rules as he goes along.

Generally guys like this are so wrapped up in their own 'magnificence', it's a wonder no one puts a shotgun under their chin when dealing with this type.

doh!

Step away....

remember...

pyle.jpg

dontcha think? (shrug)

:signfunny:

What a waste of money (listing fee wise) hope it was at least $.10 listing day.

You would think he would include *any* real information other than his cryptic rant. A strange way to fish for offers or valuation to say the least.

That definitely is one weird description. Sounds like some kind of mentally challenged haiku. :screwy:

The complete story used to be owned by Graham Nash (of Crosby, Stills, &...). It was originally sold through Sotheby's (or Christie's, I forget) years and years ago when Nash unloaded a bunch of his comics and art...

Any thoughts on what the splash would go for? It must be awesome seeing twice up in person - I'd rather have this than the Avengers #1 splash (but not the X-Men #1 splash).

75K?

I'd think that's reasonable - regardless of it being Heck, it's the first Iron Man!

The complete story used to be owned by Graham Nash (of Crosby, Stills, &...). It was originally sold through Sotheby's (or Christie's, I forget) years and years ago when Nash unloaded a bunch of his comics and art...

Any thoughts on what the splash would go for? It must be awesome seeing twice up in person - I'd rather have this than the Avengers #1 splash (but not the X-Men #1 splash).

75K?

I'd think that's reasonable - regardless of it being Heck, it's the first Iron Man!

David, I think the splash would go for KRAZY money.... for exactly the reason you note -- it's the first appearance of Iron Man, bigger than life on that twice-up splash.

After all, how many key character 1st appearance splashes are even out there? We know about X-Men 1, but what about Hulk #1? FF #1? AF 15 or Spidey 1? hm(shrug) It would seem this is a rare animal indeed....

If this were auctioned off I think the splash would very likely hit 6 figures, especially with the upcoming movie generating interest in the character.

It would be interesting to see what it would sell for, for sure. But I doubt it will change hands at the price he has as a BIN. So I'd have to think he's looking to field offers. Or delusional. One of the two.

:popcorn:

75K?

David, I'd rather have both the X-Men & Avengers splash and at $600K awin can keep the heck splash

Clem...

No. Sotheby's commissioned Kirby to recreate many of his famous 1st appearance covers. They sold in the 3K - 9K range at the auction in 1994, if I remember correctly.

Not that I was there...