• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Manitoba Comic Con October 27-28

10 posts in this topic

http://www.manitobacomiccon.com

Are any board members planning on attending? Other than the obvious who are listed on the website in the Exhibitor Hall section :whistle:

It should be better than last year (not that that is saying much, but the spring show was quite an improvement). As a matter of fact, I guarantee* it will be better just because I will have a table.

* this is not a guarantee

Well, I'm not an expert on the creator aspect -- I just go for the books (this time to get rid of some) -- but I can tell you what I know.

- The venue is much better than any of the previous shows I have attended.

- Attendance should be good. Last I heard (a few months ago), weekend memberships/passes were selling quite well. Should be higher than last year.

I have high hopes for this year's Con (both from a "dealer" perspective and overall), and definitely think it has the potential to be very good.

Overall, I'm not sure if it's worth crossing the border to come.

On the other hand, wouldn't it be worth it just to meet me? :insane:

Well, I'm not an expert on the creator aspect -- I just go for the books (this time to get rid of some) -- but I can tell you what I know.

- The venue is much better than any of the previous shows I have attended.

- Attendance should be good. Last I heard (a few months ago), weekend memberships/passes were selling quite well. Should be higher than last year.

I have high hopes for this year's Con (both from a "dealer" perspective and overall), and definitely think it has the potential to be very good.

Overall, I'm not sure if it's worth crossing the border to come.

On the other hand, wouldn't it be worth it just to meet me? :insane:

Thanks for the info. Meeting you would be a gas.

It turned out to be a great con and well attended. (thumbs u Organizers reported close to 9,000 people and the local paper reported about 5,000 (this was about right).

It was nice to meet David Finch and not have to wait in line for more than a couple of minutes! A good selection of dealers (some comicart would have been nice) and a nice artists alley setup.

Next year looks like it's shaping up into a good event with Adams Huges and the cast of Night of the Living Dead being the advertised guests.