• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NM Detective 27 found in attic news story!!

41 posts in this topic

Comparing a picture of the real book and the one in picture as best as I could, it doesn't show any signs of serious trimming. Of course I'm looking at a stamp size book in the picture there and I have to do some guestimates but that's my two cents.. hm(shrug)

Comparing a picture of the real book and the one in picture as best as I could, it doesn't show any signs of serious trimming. Of course I'm looking at a stamp size book in the picture there and I have to do some guestimates but that's my two cents.. hm(shrug)
You're kidding right?

I tell you what, if I had just paid 6 fig's for a book and resto was being spun around with a guaranty from the seller I would have that book on a plane to CGC so fast it would make heads spin. Then if found to be fraudulant, I could try to get my money back before it was gone. Of course I would have offered to have it graded at my cost before flopping that kind of dough. 1000.00 is cheap compared to losing much more. Just my two cents.

Schommy

Considering CGC's record on trimming I'd take it to a restorer like Matt Nelson or Susan Ciccione. lol

That was also my first impression seeing the Photo comic looks smaller than I expected. Unless the Buyer has really large hands and head. (shrug)

Shure hope it is all legit, as that is a cool story and a once in a lifetime pick-up

Well with that scan it looks like the whole right edge is chopped off.

Here's the best one available so far.

detectivefront.jpg

from the scan, this comic does NOT appear to be trimmed...I have compared it to over 20 copies, and it has as much, if not more right edge graphics as any...

again, just an observation from a scan...

gator

detectivefront.jpg

from the scan, this comic does NOT appear to be trimmed...I have compared it to over 20 copies, and it has as much, if not more right edge graphics as any...

gator

That, in my opinion, is good news. Wouldn't everyone agree?

detectivefront.jpg

gator

That's what I said a page back. But luckily Detective27kid backed up my earlier observation. doh!

detectivefront.jpg

gator

Good point Rick. If the right edge was trimmed, why wouldn't they also remove the grocery bag colored page piece from that edge, and the bottom for that matter. Although the lack of registration is somewhat troubling.

I hope the rest of the pages aren't that brown. :wishluck:

detectivefront.jpg

gator

Good point Rick. If the right edge was trimmed, why wouldn't they also remove the grocery bag colored page piece from that edge, and the bottom for that matter. Although the lack of registration is somewhat troubling.

I hope the rest of the pages aren't that brown. :wishluck:

Good question, but I imagine if it was trimmed pre CGC they might have left the extra paper intact to divert peoples attention from the fact that the book was possibly trimmed elsewhere(?) Or not cause it sure looks fugly unfolded like that. And from what I can tell the paper sticking out aged quite differently then the non exposed interior? (If that is indeed an interior page peeking out from under the bottom edge of the FC.

Hard to say for sure though from just that scan, lets ask Todd! Oh wait.. he no talky bout booky right now. Nevermind :(