• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unwitnessed signatures

6 posts in this topic

I have been out of comic collecting for 20 years or more and clearly a lot has changed. Going through what's left of my collection I see that I have quite a few books that I had signed on the inside page (this was long before CGC) So what does that do to my books. For example I have an excellent copy of DD 158 (I would guess a 9.5 or better) signed by Miller. What does it do to the value of the book?

I have been out of comic collecting for 20 years or more and clearly a lot has changed. Going through what's left of my collection I see that I have quite a few books that I had signed on the inside page (this was long before CGC) So what does that do to my books. For example I have an excellent copy of DD 158 (I would guess a 9.5 or better) signed by Miller. What does it do to the value of the book?

If you sent it in to CGC for grading, you would receive either the Green "Qualified" label as the signature was not witnessed by CGC or (possibly) a Blue lable with the notation "Frank Miller written in pen on inside first page".

Edit: Notice that I didn't write "Signed by Frank Miller".

With the internet and all I guess I understand the value of CGC but it sure takes the fun out of it!

I hear ya! Sig Series is a cool idea, but it kinda trashed the market for sigs done before CGC was around.

That being said, you could probably seel them raw. Miller has a pretty unique signature. Keep the books as a momento of when you met him. (thumbs u