• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's got the scoop on this Scoop?

24 posts in this topic

I smile when I read relative newcomers stating their take on our hobby thats been going alone fine for 40 years now. They come in and draw their own conclusions of what will and SHOULD be very valuable. But dont they realize we have parsed all these itms and already created a solid pecking order? Does this guy coming along and paying way more than anybody else for ashcans actually MAKE a market in them? Does this sound familiar to anyone else??

You mean like the guys that bought uber high grade SA Marvels in the late 90s? hm

Boy were they silly. :kidaround:

Or guys buying uber high grade Ducks and early SA DCs in the late 90s and early 00s, even though the collective wisdom had determined that these were worthless. I sure would`ve hated trying to dump those pieces of garbage in 2006 and 2007!

Not to mention the people buying Archie :o Everyone knows they'll never have a following...

I smile when I read relative newcomers stating their take on our hobby thats been going alone fine for 40 years now. They come in and draw their own conclusions of what will and SHOULD be very valuable. But dont they realize we have parsed all these itms and already created a solid pecking order? Does this guy coming along and paying way more than anybody else for ashcans actually MAKE a market in them? Does this sound familiar to anyone else??

You mean like the guys that bought uber high grade SA Marvels in the late 90s? hm

Boy were they silly. :kidaround:

Or guys buying uber high grade Ducks and early SA DCs in the late 90s and early 00s, even though the collective wisdom had determined that these were worthless. I sure would`ve hated trying to dump those pieces of garbage in 2006 and 2007!

Not to mention the people buying Archie :o Everyone knows they'll never have a following...

Yeah, who wants to follow the exploits of a red-headed, buck tooth, teenager and his friends doh! Want were the writers thinking? :baiting:

Hey, Rob. Welcome back. Hope we'll see you next week in Back Bay.

I'm actually going to be in NYC and will miss the show. Which is good since I'll be in NYC, but bad since I had a good time at that show last year...