• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Our Army at War 242

6 posts in this topic

Hey Andy... here I am!!!

It's a crazy-hard book in grade. If Grerggy is reading, I'd love for him to weigh in, as he is a king of DC bronze in general and 100-pagers in particular.

I read many years ago that there were distribution issues on the OAAW #242, which may or may not have been true. I'm not sure what's on the census, but I did see a CGC 9.0 in the past year for sale at a con. But I have yet to see a 9.4. My personal copy is a raw 9.0.

Extremely tough book. I have CGC 9.4 or 9.6 copies of #236, #237, #238, #239, #240, #241, #243 and #244.... but no CGC'd copy of #242.

It's a total pain in the !

Shep

I haven't seen a 9.4 since Eides auctioned theirs off on eBay around 4 years ago. I know the reserve ($450) wasn't met but it sold to the top bidder for $400 off eBay. He doesn't appear interested in selling it, as I enquired about it earlier but didn't hear back from him. There is another one out there but I haven't seen it. :(