• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Have You Done to Acheive Your Grail?

91 posts in this topic

And NO, I still have not found my grail: Iron Man and Sub-Mariner CGC MINT 10.0.

You had me right up until this. Would you also like perhaps the sword Excalibur and the bones of Christ to go along with this?

:baiting: Enjoy the hunt.

And NO, I still have not found my grail: Iron Man and Sub-Mariner CGC MINT 10.0.

You had me right up until this. Would you also like perhaps the sword Excalibur and the bones of Christ to go along with this?

:baiting: Enjoy the hunt.

There is a Thor out there of approximately the same vintage that is 10.0. It's possible. You go, Cal!

There is a Thor out there of approximately the same vintage that is 10.0. It's possible. You go, Cal!

Yes the THOR 156 MINT 10.0 - I recall bidding on it, something like 5,000 but got outbid by a WIDE margin...

but I don't collect Thor...

CAL

ok ok

the Census shows only ONE NM/MT+ CGC 9.9.

only TWO NM/MT= CGC 9.8's

several 9.6's which i have 2 of them.

many 9.4's and I have 6 of them

I know this is a long shot but this IMSM MINT 10.0 is my holy grail and I wake up every day thinking that this might be the day...

never-say-die-CAL :juggle:

I guess for me, I think of a "grail" as one of those comics that has made such an impact on the comic industry that it will never be forgotten- some more expensive than others where even the very low-grade copies demand exceptionally high prices.

I guess I hadn't really thought of the X-Men 101 CGC 9.8 as a grail, but I'm sure once you collected copies of all the keys you want, one direction to move your collection in is the upgrading of comics. Yeah, it's always cool to see what others are in the hunt for.

I guess for me, I think of a "grail" as one of those comics that has made such an impact on the comic industry that it will never be forgotten- some more expensive than others where even the very low-grade copies demand exceptionally high prices.

I guess I hadn't really thought of the X-Men 101 CGC 9.8 as a grail, but I'm sure once you collected copies of all the keys you want, one direction to move your collection in is the upgrading of comics. Yeah, it's always cool to see what others are in the hunt for.

A grail can be any book, regardless of price. A grail is defined as the object of any prolonged endeavor. It is a book that you hunt and hunt for, one that you can't get out of your head.

Furthermore, there are only eight 9.8s on the census out of 893 books submitted and it is a very important Bronze Age key. So, the next time you have an opinion on what you think of someone else's "grail" book, think about keeping it to yourself.

I didn't post it to have my choice critiqued by you.

A grail can be any book, regardless of price. A grail is defined as the object of any prolonged endeavor. It is a book that you hunt and hunt for, one that you can't get out of your head.

Furthermore, there are only eight 9.8s on the census out of 893 books submitted and it is a very important Bronze Age key. So, the next time you have an opinion on what you think of someone else's "grail" book, think about keeping it to yourself.

I didn't post it to have my choice critiqued by you.

I remember reading that book.Extremely cool .All those early new xmen have to be rare in ultra HG.Thanks for the post.

Dennis

I guess my grail is action #29 I had a CGC 4.0 blue label at one time. Unfortunately, I had to sell. I was searching through the GA dealers online thread, and actually came across my book for sale. Maybe I can buy it back someday.