• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Art Shipped Media Mail

15 posts in this topic

haha i just posted this by accident in the money marketplace, no wonder I wasn't getting any help.

Can you ship OA pages media mail?

I don't know Greg, I have nipples can you milk me?

JonJesper Strike for using that quote for anyone other than Greggy. It is explicitly reserved for him

hm I knew I should have read the bylaws closer... lol

Media Mail™

Small and large packages and thick envelopes can be sent using Media Mail. Contents are limited to books, manuscripts, sound recordings, recorded videotapes, and computer-readable media (not blank). Informally called "Book Rate," Media Mail cannot contain advertising, except eligible books may contain incidental announcements of books. Media Mail is usually less expensive than Parcel Post.

I'd wager no.

would rather ship 4 lbs of masonite the cheapest method possible so was asking. Post Office doesn't give anymore care to a priority package than a media mail.

Let's assume they take the same care for both Priority and Media Mail just for a second. The fact is that Media Mail would be in the system much longer, leading to greater chance of mishaps.

If a seller ever sent me art media mail, I'd be pretty angry about it. That stuff can take forever to get delivered.

would rather ship 4 lbs of masonite the cheapest method possible so was asking. Post Office doesn't give anymore care to a priority package than a media mail.

I've noticed they treat Media Mail like sheet more and more as of late.

Media mail is a good way to get an item ruined. It gets packed with all the other meda mail which tends to be heavy items. Add in the longer shipping times and you have a disaster waiting to happen.

from usps.com

Media Mail is used for books, film, manuscripts, printed music, printed test materials, sound recordings, play scripts, printed educational charts, loose-leaf pages and binders consisting of medical information, videotapes, and computer-recorded media like CDs and diskettes. Media Mail cannot contain advertising.