• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Reese Witherspoon to Play Sue Storm

90 posts in this topic

I think Witherspoon is hot. They should have cast her from the beginning. A lot better than that bony azz Alba.

Here Here! I hate agreeing with ya Doc..... Although, I'd prefer Jenna Jameson for the part.

Would Jenna's version be...

Fantastic Foursome? :devil:

I think Witherspoon is hot. They should have cast her from the beginning. A lot better than that bony azz Alba.

Here Here! I hate agreeing with ya Doc..... Although, I'd prefer Jenna Jameson for the part.

Would Jenna's version be...

Fantastic Foursome? :devil:

That being said, the 2nd movie already had the Jenna title in "Rise Of The Silver Surfer". :banana:

I more I think think about this, the more I think it's bull :censored:...

Witherspoon is currently an A-list actress. Not an A-list actress in name only...but considered one of the most bankable actresses working today. Why would she even consider this project? To work with Tim Story? Or any of the other B-movie cast?

Unless there are wholesale changes in the offering, on both sides of camera, I suspect this is wishful thinking...

Jim

Did you guys hear about this? I guess they're replacing Alba with Witherspoon for FF3.

Personally, I think it will be a big improvement. Witherspoon has so much more acting range than Jessica Alba. I also think that she looks more like Sue Storm.

rw.jpg

I agree she looks like Sue Storm in the comics.

Did you guys hear about this? I guess they're replacing Alba with Witherspoon for FF3.

Personally, I think it will be a big improvement. Witherspoon has so much more acting range than Jessica Alba. I also think that she looks more like Sue Storm.

rw.jpg

I agree she looks like Sue Storm in the comics.

Was FF 2 any good? I have yet to see it...

Jim

Jim,

Save your money.Watch it on dollar day.

Dennis

I finally saw FF2. where to begin? Just tedious, long and silly. Especially when they are all together and joking around. The movie stands still. Galactus as a cloud didnt bother me nearly as much as Doc Doom in real life. All the scenes with his mask and cloak just dont work.

Id like to be more positive... It was very cool to actually see the FF brought to life... but none of the characters or situations work one tenth as well as experiencing Petey/Spidey's troubles, or the exuberance we feel when he's web-slinging. I dodnt like FF1 very much, but this was better and worse at the same time.

as for Alba, I agree theres no way Reese takes this job or they can afford her salary level. And her acting skills would be totally wasted in an FF film.

I think and have thought for years that Reese is uber hot. Let me just say that I would drink her bath water. My wife knows this fact. :insane:

However, the possibility of her doing the third FF? I don't give it a snowball's chance. She is a top tier star and doesn't need to Halle Berry herself, at least not yet.

Scott

Sue Storm should never have been a bimbo. Reese Witherspoon can play a bimbo but can play it otherwise as well. FF2 was a frighteningly bad film though I did find the special effects in the second half interesting. I would recommend only to a hard boiled FF fan (like me) or to an eight year old who really admires the celebreties that are described on shows like "Entertainment Tonight". The only good thing about the film was that it made comic fans realize just how good the Lee/Kirby Fantastic Four comics really were.

I would watch FF3 even if they resurrected Totie Fields put a prosthetic leg on her and cast her as Sue Storm. However, would it be asking too much for a good -script, one that a child or a grown up could enjoy, one that doesn't aggrandize the worst aspects of Western Society, a well paced one, with multiple levels of meaning? It's worked on other superhero stories that have made money while getting critical and fan acclaim.

They'll get my ten dollars but when friends ask I tell them, "Don't even rent the movie at a $.99 sale. You will be mad because you will shut it off after ten minutes.