• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trying to Track a Book Down

14 posts in this topic

Nice 8.0, but do you really want the miscut? I'd take a lower grade copy without it.

I think he may have the only other Canadian edition, or one of very few anyway.

To answer the previous question, yes I'll take it miscut and all. :cloud9: I have the only other copy in the census which is a 4.0 and its missing a piece from the top LHC but it doesn't bother me at all.

Miscuts and miswraps are very common on Cap 74. The White Mountain is miscut (still a very beautiful copy). Most copies that I have seen are miscut to some degree. I think it is interesting that it occurs on both US and Canadian editions.

Coincidence?

Miscuts and miswraps are very common on Cap 74. The White Mountain is miscut (still a very beautiful copy). Most copies that I have seen are miscut to some degree. I think it is interesting that it occurs on both US and Canadian editions.

Coincidence?

Interesting point although I don't think its so much a miscut but more because it was printed off centre. Look at the circle that should be around the Superior Publishers insignia, off just a tad to the right. I know there was an embargo against selling the originals in Canada for a few years which prompted these reprints but I wonder if the original printing plates for the books were used or done state side (omitting the Marvel Comics stamp of course) before being shipped to Canada where they were finished. Sure looks like it.

This copy will not trade hands unless a higher grade copy is put in its place.

Do you own it (shrug) or :jokealert:

I don't know if bullet owns it, but I do know what he owns is usually top tier...wouldn't suprise me (so, unlikely it is a joke)

rick