• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA BEST ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES POLL: RD.8

GA ARTISTS POLL  

207 members have voted

1. 1. GA ARTISTS POLL

74 posts in this topic

Well, I voted for Barks and Kelly. As much as I understand their importance in comic history, I can't keep them up there at the expense of other artists whose work I've actually read and enjoyed.

(thumbs u

We probably should've just voted off 2 last round, so we would've had the Top 10 GA Artists at the beginning of this round. Oh well, lots of people have Top 9 lists! :baiting:

For me this round, it's Everett (who just plain shouldn't be in a Top 10 GA Artist list) and...

I'm torn between LB Cole and Schomburg, but the time has come to start wielding my vote against Schomburg.

We probably should've just voted off 2 last round, so we would've had the Top 10 GA Artists at the beginning of this round. Oh well, lots of people have Top 9 lists! :baiting:

I thought of that, but this way we get a top five. The other way, we get a top six. I opted for a top five.

I'm torn between LB Cole and Schomburg, but the time has come to start wielding my vote against Schomburg.

Since every time I post some art from one artist, that guy gets voted off, here's some Schomburg :devil:

Kidding aside, I posted it in the GA section but got no reaction. And yes, I know it's not comic art but I think people have enjoyed seeing the other aspects of these guys' work -

46345-OtherSchomburg.jpg

If this piece is supposed to make me think, it's working. All I can think about is the ladies butt. (:

Tell us what these make you think of ... All Schomburgs of course -

The nice ladies butt....and spiders.....and...I'd like some soup.

People soup? Floating faces?

Paging Matthew K.., is there a Shiverbones in the house?

But the small town painting is my favorite. He crammed as much as he does in one of his War covers on that one. I stared at it for ten minutes, viewing it differently every other minute.

Really, really nice.

Ze-

People soup? Floating faces?

Paging Matthew K.., is there a Shiverbones in the house?

But the small town painting is my favorite. He crammed as much as he does in one of his War covers on that one. I stared at it for ten minutes, viewing it differently every other minute.

Really, really nice.

Ze-

Glad you liked it Kenny. I can't say it's that great of painting but it's nice to see him flex his muscles elsewhere.

I believe you're going to like this one. Read the write-up below after you observe the painting. It's pretty cool -

46356-Schomburg-EggFarm.jpg.3be62245954a3a0939b09a1f33e5bea3.jpg

46357-Schomburg-EggFarm-WU.jpg.85f6a0b0c085f69a47dc0ceff9d5827d.jpg

I think it just comes down to his use of color I appreciate. And yes the subject matter of those days gone by small town paintings.

Thanks for posting them, (and to quote Gary) "Scroogie'

lol

Ze-

Since every time I post some art from one artist, that guy gets voted off, here's some Schomburg :devil:

Kidding aside, I posted it in the GA section but got no reaction. And yes, I know it's not comic art but I think people have enjoyed seeing the other aspects of these guys' work -

46345-OtherSchomburg.jpg

Interesting piece - likely influenced by Thomas Hart Benton.

The comic fan in me really likes the spaceships/statue of liberty painting and the surrealistic spider one as well.

For me this round, it's Everett (who just plain shouldn't be in a Top 10 GA Artist list) and...

I think we can consider Toth #10, since he had the fewest votes of the three that left last round. (shrug)

On the Schomburg paintings, they represent an interesting mix of the fantastic and the idealized Americana. But then...isn't that true of comics in general?

I think we can consider Toth #10, since he had the fewest votes of the three that left last round. (shrug)

Good point. (thumbs u

Of course, Toth doesn't deserve to be in a Top 10 GA Artist list either. :/

Wow, nice to see Schommy's painting work. OK - the Dali-esque one is my favorite... So muh fun to look at, even if a bit derivative. The long town scene makes me want to throw up though! (Sorry Kenny!) The reason is, if you are going to put that much effort into a realistic scene, you have to get the persective right on the main building! doh! Look at the angle of the facade & the signage & match that up with the rooftop, it makes me dizzy! That being said, I really enjoyed looking at these! Scrooge - you are a worthy librarian of the sequential arts! :applause: