• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Star Wars--The Television Series

32 posts in this topic

Impressive, most impressive.

That said, I'm skeptical of its success. One thing that sucked (for me anyway) about episode one was it didn't "feel" like a Star Wars movie. Plus, it wasn't a very good movie anyway. I think they would have greater success if the show contained elements or characters that people most associate with Star Wars.

Or maybe I'm just full of .

I find my lack of faith disturbing.

Will give em both a chance if they ever get air.

I thought the Clone Wars cartoon eps were actually better than any of the 3 movies.

Both can be no worse than the Holiday Special, so that's a good thing.

That said, I'm skeptical of its success. One thing that sucked (for me anyway) about episode one was it didn't "feel" like a Star Wars movie. Plus, it wasn't a very good movie anyway. I think they would have greater success if the show contained elements or characters that people most associate with Star Wars.

I would love to see them do a season or two around the Heir to the Empire books. Talk about some good stuff!

familiar characters, GREAT GREAT GREAT antagonist in Grand Admiral Thrawn and enough subterfuge and side plots to make it must see tv

I would love to see them do a season or two around the Heir to the Empire books. Talk about some good stuff!

familiar characters, GREAT GREAT GREAT antagonist in Grand Admiral Thrawn and enough subterfuge and side plots to make it must see tv

Yeah, there is some good stuff out there they could adapt. Never happen though.

Unless hm it's on HBO ala Band of Brothers.

nah, never happen.

Yeah, there is some good stuff out there they could adapt. Never happen though.

Unless hm it's on HBO ala Band of Brothers.

nah, never happen.

Well i think you may be right there i think HBO is just about one of the very few channels it could be on where they could make good money

What gives me hope is the fact that George Lucas isn't writing the screenplays. Perhaps a few 30-something writers will come in and bring back the original feel.

the link says:

"But be forewarned: 'It has nothing to do with Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader,' according to the films' mastermind."

how can it not?

That's what Star Wars was basically about the Skywalkers, right???

as Lucas gets more older he get more weirder...

and more out of touch with what fans of Star Wars really want.

I heard a rumor that this was going to fill the gap of time between Episode 3 and 4...

what the heck happened to that idea????

:P

I don't know...feels like I'm just watching a video game and that doesn't do much for me, unless I'm playing it. (shrug)

The live action series seems way overdue for this franchise (heck, look at all the Star Treks). I'd be interested in it, especially if they are willing to spend some money and time on the sound and visual effects. I do have my reservations though with the premise Lucas is going with. Darth Vader would be awesome in this. If it just centers on droids, then :tonofbricks: