• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nearly 7K for a Mignola non-Hellboy cover ?

16 posts in this topic

Dark Horse Cover

Am I the only one that was shocked at the outcome of this ?

Yes it's a cool gothic cover, but it's non-Hellboy and it's $6,766.67

I thought it would sell for half that...at most doh!

I am with you on this one. I saw the final result and I have wanted to ask someone what the deal is....big Lovecraft/Mignola fan I guess.

The buyer is from the UK so with the pound to dollar conversion he did pretty well.

C

True...that is one of the many dangers of paying "full retail" for newer OA....you don't know what it will be worth down the road. However, if you TRULY love what you buy and have the spare $ to back it up........it's all good.

Personally, I wouldn't pay that much either but what do I know......I LOVE Kirby Kamandi.

Dark Horse Cover

I'm shocked as well but at the same time I'm realizing I've got an extra retirement salary in my pocket! :insane::insane::insane:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=290894&GSub=45125

Dark Horse Cover

I'm shocked as well but at the same time I'm realizing I've got an extra retirement salary in my pocket! :insane::insane::insane:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=290894&GSub=45125

:grin:

That is prolly my favorite mainstream (meaning the big two) Mignola cover (worship)

lordy, lordy this makes me happy. i've got a mignola hellboy cover. have any of those traded hands recently? i see albert's got a cover that's closing tomorrow. i think the lovecraft piece is an anomaly- two bidders (one w/ little history) bidding it $4k higher than the #3 bidder.

That is pretty suprising, but the crossover Lovecraft love, plus the newly released Baltimore gothic novel, the fact that Mignola art in general is getting scarce (due to him no longer doing interiors,for now,) and the fact that it's a wonderful cover It is as a whole a price that seems high but understandable why it garnered so much. Curious to see if this affects his other art prices, my guess for now, not much other than a slight bump in his covers.