• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA BEST ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES POLL: RD.9

GA ARTISTS POLL  

237 members have voted

1. 1. GA ARTISTS POLL

72 posts in this topic

Well, it seems we had a tie for top position this round. As per the rules of war, if there's a tie both artists go. So we bid a fond farewell to both LB Coe and Walt Kelly. We hardly knew ya. Once again, VOTE OFF YOUR TWO LEAST FAVORITE ARTISTS. Let's spin the wheel and see what happens.

Well, it seems we had a tie for top position this round. As per the rules of war, if there's a tie both artists go. So we bid a fond farewell to both LB Coe and Walt Kelly. .....

Waaaahhhhh!!

Sorry to see Kelly go, but I have to admit that I was happy to see him make the top ten.

Wasn't the original plan to bump two in each of these rounds? I don't understand what effect the tie had.

Schomburg and Frazetta for me this time.

I've voted for Schomburg in previous rounds. His busy war covers and distorted perspectives aren't my favorite, but seeing some of his later work posted here gave me a twinge of regret.

Frazetta was my first "how can I possibly vote one of these guys off?" vote. He got the boot mainly because his body of Golden Age work is so much less than the competition, even though it's all gorgeous!

Fun contest.

Jack

headed off to pout about Kelly

Sad that Barks has lasted this long. He is a very important creator/writer, but to compare his body of work to some of the others left, and those who have gone before him, in my opinion leaves him wanting.

There! Some debate.