• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA BEST ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES POLL: RD.9

GA ARTISTS POLL  

237 members have voted

1. 1. GA ARTISTS POLL

72 posts in this topic

Everyone here is gay for Frazetta. Didn't you know? meh

I guess so! His comic work is great, but Best GA Artist? He only did a fraction of books compared to everybody else.

Quality over quantity.
This is where I was getting at earlier. Frazetta in a pure art contest beats just about anyone. But I dont think he fits into any one era. His art especially his paintings in late 60's and into the 70's is what people really love him for but his GA art is also great. Eisner is another one who is getting votes on other merits not just technical skill at drawing. People have to vote for who they like when it comes down to it regardless of quantity of work. Nothing wrong with Fine being popular either his art is eye catching if nothing else but guess what? thats what it is supposed to do. Barks although some of the greatest stuff overall is basically a cartoonist drawing comics. People might not respect that. This is a very tough list. I'd like someone alive to win also. Who will win it all :whistle: Just my 2c

This is the problem with these types of "contest" if you do not define the question you will get answers all over the map based on personal preference.

I think Frazetta was the most technically skilled artist on the list

But for my money Eisner could tell a story with his pictures better then anybody.

Barks although some of the greatest stuff overall is basically a cartoonist drawing comics. People might not respect that. This is a very tough list. I'd like someone alive to win also.

And that's exactly why this kind of survivor series will probably short change someone like barks - opinions are very polarized on guys like him. Some people would give him the #1 spot and some think he should have been gone long ago. Which means there are proportionally more "haters" voting him down than someone less talented but for whom opinions are less polarized (say wood).

I'm viewing the contest as "favorite" artist instead of "best". I don't feel qualified to decide who the best artist is only who my favorite artist is and of course I like most of them anyway.

very true!

This Poll has been brutal for me... every time I vote off an artist I swear I can hear rumblings and hushed whispers coming from my comic closet. Almost like the dissed artists are plotting against me.

Well, ok...so I didn't hear anything, but I swear they are thinking it.

:eek:

:shy:

Ze-

:jokealert:

I'm viewing the contest as "favorite" artist instead of "best". I don't feel qualified to decide who the best artist is only who my favorite artist is and of course I like most of them anyway.

Sums up the way i feel as well.

This Poll has been brutal for me... every time I vote off an artist I swear I can hear rumblings and hushed whispers coming from my comic closet.

:signfunny:

Hehe, yup, its sure hard to vote off the greats!