• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: HG Disney Wheaties Premiums

Grades  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Grades

13 posts in this topic

I chose 9.4, these paper cover comics can be tuff to grade. I went with the grade because of the color runs on the BC right side, but that may be production as opposed to rubbing and smear.Nice one!

Me too. I know of no legitimate reason why anyone would grade it lower than a 9.2. It's a pristine book. Overstreet allows for multiple defects in 9.2, and this book's most noteworthy defect is a slightly rounded bottom left corner. There are no creases at all. If anything appears as a crease, it is uncolored pulp strands.

As my initial comment states these paper covers are misleading they are not common so a lot of people dont see them often. They may be expecting a glossy look. They just look.... different. 2c

Me too. I know of no legitimate reason why anyone would grade it lower than a 9.2. It's a pristine book. Overstreet allows for multiple defects in 9.2, and this book's most noteworthy defect is a slightly rounded bottom left corner. There are no creases at all. If anything appears as a crease, it is uncolored pulp strands.

The reason I went with a 9.0 is the top left corner damage on the front cover--it actually looks like a pronounced worn area/scuff. The bottom left corner is also rounded. The bottom right corner also seems to have a minor bend. There also appears to be some wear/color deterioration across the front cover most notably seen on the "Donald Duck" title--the back cover has similar issues.

It is a nice book--I just thought a 9.0 was the right grade. :shrug: