• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

In Praise of Title Spash Pages

230 posts in this topic

WOW!

Great thread and great pieces (thumbs u

Picked this up last month. It's the splash page by Mike Perkins of the new Quasar. I think she looks better than the old one lol

Next to it is how the finished piece looks:

annihilation3splashmikeij7.jpg

I will post a few more before going to bed. I am also looking forward to seeing more of everyones splash pages! (thumbs u

aah so you were the one who grabbed that. I saw it was sold on Mike's site, nothing else from that book was interesting. Nice pickup.

.............and finally, I picked this up this past summer.

Paul Ryan from one of my favorite maxi-series!

squadronsupreme12splashck3.jpg

She looks like she's having a pretty good time

:jokealert:

Gary your middle name? :baiting:

WOW!

Great thread and great pieces (thumbs u

Picked this up last month. It's the splash page by Mike Perkins of the new Quasar. I think she looks better than the old one lol

Next to it is how the finished piece looks:

I will post a few more before going to bed. I am also looking forward to seeing more of everyones splash pages! (thumbs u

aah so you were the one who grabbed that. I saw it was sold on Mike's site, nothing else from that book was interesting. Nice pickup.

I beg to differ. :grin:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=283809&GSub=40841

On the topic, I'm quite fond of this title splash page from the Return of Superman:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=90310&GSub=9430

:)

Nice piece!

Here is a Ramona Fradon Freedom Fighters splash. Phantom Lady & Wonder Woman :cloud9:

freedomfighters5page1rahb2.jpg

You can bring that to Mid Ohio and have Tony Isabella sign it Gary!

Great thread..I love splash pages and I agree that splash title pages are the dog's bollocks.

Especially like the pages with the indica included..makes it even more a part of comic history.

Alas I only own one page so far that fits in this category...

cap234p1-1650.jpg

Great thread..I love splash pages and I agree that splash title pages are the dog's bollocks.

Especially like the pages with the indica included..makes it even more a part of comic history.

Alas I only own one page so far that fits in this category...

cap234p1-1650.jpg

Well if you are only going to own one title splash that is a great one to own (thumbs u

The one thing I still collect in Original Art is House of Mystery splashes with Cain. I have a REALLY nice one I don't have access to photograph right now, It's the title Splash from HOM 276. I have these two coming to me and I couldn't be more excited about them!

46448-rr1806003.jpg.6d287481176fd1959fb0507f90270b38.jpg

46449-rr1806005.jpg.28bb91752e5fd783314249e7003d96df.jpg

This one hangs above the door to my office (just enough space) , so I see it everytime I enter and it can also be seen from where I sit in the grading room.

Scarlet Spider by Shawn McManus

scarletspidershaunmcmanuc3.jpg

Steve, I would've guessed that you had your Giant-Size Man-Thing in that spot...I guess it wouldn't fit. I figured you'd want your Giant-Sized Man-Thing to be on display for all to see.

Here is one of mine

V1-2.jpg