• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone win any ebay auctions from danc6433...shipping question

Do I give him a neg or neutral if no refund??  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Do I give him a neg or neutral if no refund??

12 posts in this topic

Anyone win anything from him on ebay in the last couple of weeks? Just a quick shipping question if you did. He was charging for priority mail shipping....if you won an auction was your item actually shipped priority mail or some other cheap arse way (like media mail)? If shipped cheaply and you complained did he refund any $$ for the overcharge for shipping?

EDIT: After 8 days he did email back about my inquiry of a partial refund for the overcharge on shipping, only to say it was an accident that priority mail was listed as the shipping service and go on to tell me how quickly I got it via media mail......no refund though.......

Thanks!!

TimMaY

:banana: :banana:

fakeet, time for a poll

This is a fairly common event on Ebay. Another one is to pay for priority mailing but they don't ship it for a week or two!

Common, hm

First time it has happened to me in alot of purchases.

Waiting to ship for a week, well that one's different.....that happens alot more frequently.

Wow, the polls says to neg his arse, might be time to take one for the team :devil:

Any other opinions, or should I just neg him? :devil:

I sent him a detailed email with a link to this thread last night, but no response. I'm a nice guy, but this is a matter of principal, and unfortunately there's no way to complain about this through ebay.

Tim

EDIT: I actually got an email with a 1-800 # for ebay customer support on weds. So, I just grabbed a chilly and called. Seems there's not much recourse, except to maybe file an item received not as described. I told the guy in India to contact all the other people that he just sold a bunch of books to and see if they got stroked on shipping as well. I will post the results of my enquiry, although I don't think they will do mess. :wishluck:

EDIT again: Just of the phone with paypal, and might actually have done something to put the screws to this . We'll see...

Cheers

This is a fairly common event on Ebay. Another one is to pay for priority mailing but they don't ship it for a week or two!

Common, hm

First time it has happened to me in alot of purchases.

Waiting to ship for a week, well that one's different.....that happens alot more frequently.

Wow, the polls says to neg his arse, might be time to take one for the team :devil:

"Fairly common," i.e. happens from time to time.

I would be pissed if I paid for priority and got media rate, because that really does take a long time. But not pissed enough to neg someone. Neutral maybe...

How much did the guy charge for priority shipping? Was the item well packed at least? I always figure shipping cost into my bid.

On a side note, I dont care if sellers take a week to send the item but I wish they would send an email to let me know what day it does or will go out.

How much did the guy charge for priority shipping? Was the item well packed at least? I always figure shipping cost into my bid.

On a side note, I dont care if sellers take a week to send the item but I wish they would send an email to let me know what day it does or will go out.

straight from his auction:

US $8.95 United States US Postal Service Priority Mail®

The comic was packed pretty well in too big of a box (2lbs 2oz). Priority boxes and tape are free and this easily could have been packaged in one and weigh less than 2 lbs. If he had shipped priority it would have cost $8.90 including delivery confirmation, 65 cents less if not (or shipped through paypal shipping).

btw, he just unloaded 28 auctions in the last couple weeks. 28 X 5= $140 of backdoor shipping profiteering. hm

Needless bump

I escalated to a claim a week ago with no response. Emailed the *spoon* last night through ebay (he has some new auctions up).

My Dearest Dan,

Thanks for not responding to my paypal claim. I see from your last feedback I'm not the only one that's upset with your "shipping charges". Wow, from 4.5 to 4.3 on shipping charges from one "satisfied" buyer. Thanks also for reflecting my dissatisfaction in your current auctions. I see you're shipping media mail now (albiet at priority rates). Feel free to take as much time as you want on my partial shipping refund; I have no problems "taking one for the team". Good luck on your newest auctions!!

Your Friend,

Tim

We'll see what happens....... :makepoint:

let us know what happens--I find it is not worth fretting 2 weeks over a few dollars. I remember years(7-8) ago I won an auction where the guy had priority shipping at 4.00 for 50 comics. Lo and behold the priority shipping cost was 15.00--I sort of felt guilty. I won another auction from him some months later and he made sure he had the right postage.

I do like it when the postage is correct for both parties--I dont want to get raked over nor do I want sellers to lose any $$$.