• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Original Art Auction

36 posts in this topic

This auction was 100% shilled. I know for a fact that conrad called a friend of mine and asked him to bid 40k+ on this auction. This deceptive, underhanded, and unscupulous behavior will ruin this hobby. What a complete DIRTBAG!

I think you could perhaps put back together the final fight sequence. But, that could prove difficult too...

Yep thats true, I used to own pages 16,17 & 18. I've never seen or heard of page 19. Its possible that this might have been one of the destoyed pages because page 18 was heavily restored.

I guess the dog was very choosy and only wanted the best pages. He certainly had good taste (;-)

Clem...

I've heard the dog story too.

I have page 20, and parts of the bottom panels have been restored. Still, it's the only Ditko ASM page I have and I can never afford another. It's a keeper for me.

This auction was 100% shilled. I know for a fact that conrad called a friend of mine and asked him to bid 40k+ on this auction. This deceptive, underhanded, and unscupulous behavior will ruin this hobby. What a complete DIRTBAG!

:popcorn:

I think you could perhaps put back together the final fight sequence. But, that could prove difficult too...

Yep thats true, I used to own pages 16,17 & 18. I've never seen or heard of page 19. Its possible that this might have been one of the destoyed pages because page 18 was heavily restored.

I guess the dog was very choosy and only wanted the best pages. He certainly had good taste (;-)

Clem...

I have page 20, and parts of the bottom panels have been restored. Still, it's the only Ditko ASM page I have and I can never afford another. It's a keeper for me.

What I was getting at was that the dog might have chewed 2-3 page at a time and if page 18 was heavily damaged then maybe 19 or even 20 might have sustained similar damage. It would be interesting to see the extent of the damage on your page 20 if possible.

Clem...

If this is what happened, then I am truly shocked and saddened. I tend to like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but this really does make me sad. :(

Although I don't care for name-calling. Actions speak for themselves.

Now, I'm not saying anything else about it until I've talked with Conrad directly. And unfortunately I have to run off to some meetings.

Clem...

What I was getting at was that the dog might have chewed 2-3 page at a time and if page 18 was heavily damaged then maybe 19 or even 20 might have sustained similar damage. It would be interesting to see the extent of the damage on your page 20 if possible.

Clem...

I agree, it's very likely that those consecutive pages suffered the same fate. All I meant by my comment was that while I'm disappointed that my page is damaged, I'll still treasure it. I think the dog-chew story is one of the grimly amusing, although very unfortunate, little tidbits of history in this hobby. Anyway, I hope I didn't sound snotty.

I don't have a scanner big enough for the whole page but I might be able to get just the bottom part. I'll see what I can do.

So did the buyer relist it for $46K, or am I missing something?

If I am following CLink auctions correctly....when a piece does not reach reserve it automatically gets relisted at the reserve amount in the "for sale section"...in this case $46k. In this way it works alot like the Heritage "post auction buys" section.

From that point the eventual buyer must have reiterated his $44k bid, or Conrad (thru Josh) contacted the bidder to confirm that the $44k bid was acceptable.

That seems to be the mechanics of it.

C