• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGG just contacted me about the forum controversy

81 posts in this topic

What do you know? More conspiracy theorists jumping on the bandwagon to put another company down with no hard evidence. Why doesn't this suprise me? You people need to actually get a life and realize there's a whole big world out there just waiting to be discovered.

You need to get a life & stop shill posting. What is this? Your 6th ID? That is truly sad. frown.gif

povertyrow is right......
Are you talkin' about the indentation or a new mark? I am talkin' about a new mark that is evident once the staples are reinserted. They match the placement of the new staples. Odin88 has seen it before too! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What do you know? More conspiracy theorists jumping on the bandwagon to put another company down with no hard evidence. Why doesn't this suprise me? You people need to actually get a life and realize there's a whole big world out there just waiting to be discovered.

You need to get a life & stop shill posting. What is this? Your 6th ID? That is truly sad. frown.gif

What are you talking about and why are you following me around? Do I now have my own personal troll after only making a little over 20 posts in here? Offer up some intelligent insight about the situation and quit trying to puff yourself up like some forum bully. You're only making a fool out of yourself by doing that.

What are you talking about and why are you following me around? Do I now have my own personal troll after only making a little over 20 posts in here? Offer up some intelligent insight about the situation and quit trying to puff yourself up like some forum bully. You're only making a fool out of yourself by doing that.

Just kick him in the nads...he'll drop like a ton of bricks... tonofbricks.gif

This is hilarious. You've been busted & yet you claim otherwise. Keep it up, we need the levity. BTW, I'll give you 1 week before this shill ID is banned. 27_laughing.gif

Are you talkin' about the indentation or a new mark? I am talkin' about a new mark that is evident once the staples are reinserted. They match the placement of the new staples. Odin88 has seen it before too! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Done right, the old mark is retained and reused. Now a new mark can also be used depending on what kind of interior page cleaning and pressing was done and the extent of the original indent/mark. Like I say, done wrong it is detectable. But done right - well, it just isn't.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Maybe I don't have your eyes..... but I've seen some nice jobs.

Are you saying that there are two position marks on every cleaned book?

From what I've read on the subject of cleaning...if done properly it is undetectible. This is what I've heard from various restoration artists.

Done right, the old mark is retained and reused. Now a new mark can also be used depending on what kind of interior page cleaning and pressing was done and the extent of the original indent/mark. Like I say, done wrong it is detectable. But done right - well, it just isn't.

Well...I am not referring to the original indent. I am talkin' about some other mark. All the C & P books that I've seen from Susan have had the staples inserted back with the prongs basically straight with no apparent attemp to match it up. From my experience, when the staples rests on the paper, it leaves a light "corrosion" mark!

893scratchchin-thumb.gif Maybe I don't have your eyes..... but I've seen some nice jobs.

Are you saying that there are two position marks on every cleaned book?

From what I've read on the subject of cleaning...if done properly it is undetectible. This is what I've heard from various restoration artists.

What I am saying is that I doubt every one of them will try to take the time to bend the staples back into place properly. The 4 books that I have seen cleaned by Susan were inserted back without any effort to bend the prongs back into the original indent area. They have all been basically inserted back with the prongs straight. Also, there is usually some type of slight damage done to the cover area when the staples are reinserted. Not an easy task to put it through the cover plus all those pages! I haven't seen any other examples from other restorers though! confused-smiley-013.gif

This is hilarious. You've been busted & yet you claim otherwise. Keep it up, we need the levity. BTW, I'll give you 1 week before this shill ID is banned. 27_laughing.gif

I wonder how long it'll be before you're banned for trolling me. Nobody has busted me for anything. I support Mile High comics. So what? You claim to have proven this great conspiracy about me for that and are just making yourself look like a paranoid infant in front of the rest of the forum. Go eat your vegetables, son, and come back when you're all grown up and can run with the big dogs.

I wonder how long it'll be before you're banned for trolling me. Nobody has busted me for anything. I support Mile High comics. So what? You claim to have proven this great conspiracy about me for that and are just making yourself look like a paranoid infant in front of the rest of the forum. Go eat your vegetables, son, and come back when you're all grown up and can run with the big dogs.

893blahblah.gif

Really lame attempt.

They had more credibility with me before they made a comment.

There is no way they can dispute the Avengers 4.

Nice try. Really. 893naughty-thumb.gif

893blahblah.gif

A typical reply from the mentally challenged.

Here's a nice raw book for you since you don't want to buy from Mile High. (link) 27_laughing.gif