• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
19 19

4,450 posts in this topic

Awesome books Rich!

"ONE-OF-A-KIND" or not they are still beauts!! (worship)

I love the old school (?) Sienkiewicz signature on that X-Men Annual

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wicked WD Triston! :cloud9:

I guess these fall into this category

IMAG0482.jpg

Signed by Ace Frehley and Peter Criss

IMAG0495.jpg

Signed by staton, demulder, perez, thomas, levitz, wrightson, adams, infantino, dezuniga, joe kubert, starlin, simonson, wein, wolfman, isabella, conway, garcia lopez, murphy and sienkiewicz.

IMAG0495.jpg

Signed by staton, demulder, perez, thomas, levitz, wrightson, adams, infantino, dezuniga, joe kubert, starlin, simonson, wein, wolfman, isabella, conway, garcia lopez, murphy and sienkiewicz.

I see that one going to the grave with you!

Awesome book! (thumbs u

Strangers In Paradise #16 (Xena variant) and the only variant that I am aware of, that Terry ever did in his run on SiP.

Not just the only s/s copy but the only 9.8 copy, period.

There is a blue label 9.8 of the standard cover out there somewhere.

sip16.jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn

Astonishing X-Men #1 CGC 9.8 s/s Joe Mad.

Still the only 9.8 s/s on census.

(personally, I like the "DIE MAGNETO!" word balloon he added."

I remember when this book came out, it was right at the tail end of my run working on the marvel account back in Buffalo before I moved....the AoA storyline just rocked. We got to see the OA on this stuff months before anyone else, and were just floored by how well the story gelled. I don't think there's been a crossover that worked so well before or since.

astonishingxmen1.jpg

Another top of the charts.

Trimpe and Ellison.

And this is another that I remembered working on when I was starting on the Marvel account. Back then, Marvel was doing a bunch of reprints, but I can't remember what they were being pkgd for. We were reprinting the horror titles, oddball books that just didn't make sense, they were also doing MegaMarvel, which was neat...an oversized 100 pg. comic that collected silver, bronze, copper and modern stories. So for example, MegaMarvel spider-man might have reprinted an ASM 14, 150, 232 and something else. Really great stuff.

This HULK #140 that they did...I can't remember ever seeing this again after I left the job. I believe it's actually scarce, but I'm hoping someone on the boards might be able to confirm or deny that. I just don't ever see it.

hulk140B.jpg

IMAG0495.jpg

Great book :applause:

I just got my copy started at NYCC and I should get it back soon :)

The label on that one rocks!!!

In 1994, Mignola did the covers to the DC Comics Annuals, using that "Elseworlds" theme. I tried to do a set of all those covers this year, but couldn't find high grade copies of any but the following two.

Both the only s/s cps to date on census.

actionannual6.jpg

batmanannual18.jpg