• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
19 19

4,442 posts in this topic

I wish CGC woudl note the Artist Sig on this and a few of your other books. Perez only signs that way on a rare few books...

It's been my experience that he'll sign using whichever sig you ask for.

Finally got around to scanning these.

All are highest or lone top...I actually worked production on these Hulk books back in the 90s. The Troyjan War storyline was what got me hooked on the Peter David run. (I came in late).

Does anyone know how often Gary Frank does shows?

hulk413.jpg

Out of the Troyjan War storyline, this was the ONLY one to hit 9.8

I poured through several sets of these books trying to find the best, and had two of each just in case, when I sub'd...ALL got the exact same grade, even this one and it's sister copy that I subed. The only 9.8 of the bunch was #416 :shrug:

hulk416.jpg

This was a great book. I remember when we got the artwork into the office, trying to figure out how to make the cover into a "wedding invitation" gatefold was tricky.

All the lettering had to line up exact and it was problematic at the printer.

hulk418.jpg

This was probably a tie for my all time favorite HULK story that Peter David did...a 3-way tie actually. Hulk #377 was my top dog, then the bachelor party story (#417?) and this AIDS related story, where his old sidekick Jim Wilson dies of AIDS complications.

This was REALLY a kick in the gut to read.

hulk420.jpg

Edited by Rich_Henn

Rich - Gorgeous Hulks!!! Very cool that you were involved. I loved Gary Frank's art on Peter David's stories!

Unfortunately Gary Frank doesn't do many cons in the US. Fan Expo was the only North American show I can remember that Gary has done in quite some time. I think he does some of the UK shows from time to time as I got a book subbed from the Bristol show that Chandler did a while back.