• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your ONE-OF-A-KIND CGC SS books, or lone top census CGC SS books!
19 19

4,442 posts in this topic

Grendel #1 CGC 9.8 s/s Jacob & Arnold Pander + Matt Wagner.

Pander Bros. sketch.

I'm posting this in the "one-of-a-kind" for the simple reason that the Pander Brothers, to the best of my knowledge, haven't done a show/signing in YEARS.

Fingh, LMK if I'm off on this---but I honestly don't think that I've seen either name on a guest list in over 20 years...?

And when this book was in it's peak in the 1980s, I only seem to remember seeing Matt promoting the book, but not Arnold and Jacob.

grendel1.jpg

Grendel #1 CGC 9.8 s/s Jacob & Arnold Pander + Matt Wagner.

Pander Bros. sketch.

I'm posting this in the "one-of-a-kind" for the simple reason that the Pander Brothers, to the best of my knowledge, haven't done a show/signing in YEARS.

Fingh, LMK if I'm off on this---but I honestly don't think that I've seen either name on a guest list in over 20 years...?

And when this book was in it's peak in the 1980s, I only seem to remember seeing Matt promoting the book, but not Arnold and Jacob.

grendel1.jpg

It qualifies for this thread, as there is only one showing on the census in 9.8.

It qualifies for awesome b/c of scoring the Pander Bros.

(worship)

From the Mick Austin signing in London---which again, my biggest thanks to king100 for setting up. I never thought I'd get Austin. This set would NOT have worked without Austin. This guy just painted some of THE most awesome covers to come out in the 1980s.

ESPERS #1 CGC 9.8 s/s Mick Austin & David Lloyd

ESPERS #2 CGC 9.8 s/s John Bolton & David Lloyd

ESPERS #3 CGC 9.8 s/s Brian Bolland & David Lloyd

ESPERS #4 CGC 9.8 s/s Garry Leach, David Lloyd & Mick Austin

espers1.jpg

espers2.jpg

espers3.jpg

espers4.jpg

i think i posted this in wrong thread at first , sorry about that.

KUDOS TO KRIS THE COLLECTOR AND TRISTON FOR SECURING THE MOORE SIG AND DWC FOR GETTING IT FULLY LOADED IN CINCINNATI

SAGA OF THE SWAMP THING #37 SS 9.4

MOORE, BISSETTE, VIETCH , TOTLEBEN

IMG_0129_zpse8c9452b.jpg

another of my favorites courtesy of my good friend LARRY. thanks to both him and his wife SHARON for this and all his gorgeous sketches on the blank covers he hates drawing on.

CHERRY POPTART #1 (TRUE 1ST PRINT) SS 9.8 LARRY WELZ

IMG_0127_zps141c0c83.jpg

another of my favorites courtesy of my good friend LARRY. thanks to both him and his wife SHARON for this and all his gorgeous sketches on the blank covers he hates drawing on.

CHERRY POPTART #1 (TRUE 1ST PRINT) SS 9.8 LARRY WELZ

IMG_0127_zps141c0c83.jpg

Now that's impressive. I hope the one I sent in comes back that nice, but it will be a blue label!