• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA BEST ARTIST SURVIVOR SERIES POLL: RD.12

GA ARTISTS POLL  

273 members have voted

1. 1. GA ARTISTS POLL

78 posts in this topic

I was in Musee d'Orsay last month. :)

Love it, :cloud9: the Irises are my favorite... I was at the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam in August...it's amazing, you could see him traveling in and out of madness...I had no idea, he painted for so short a time...

Imagine what his covers would have been like..;)

Love it, :cloud9: the Irises are my favorite... I was at the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam in August...it's amazing, you could see him traveling in and out of madness...I had no idea, he painted for so short a time...

Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam is probably tied with Museum of Modern art for #2 on my enjoyment per time scale!

They may not be the absolute best museums in the world, but the concentration of work I like is so high in them, not like Metropolitan or such where it's spread all over.

Jack

Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam is probably tied with Museum of Modern art for #2 on my enjoyment per time scale!

They may not be the absolute best museums in the world, but the concentration of work I like is so high in them, not like Metropolitan or such where it's spread all over.

Jack

They redid MOMA about a year ago, it's got tons more space somehow...and the trick with the Met, is to do it in sections...my daughter used to run for the Temple of Doom (Mummys) while I wandered upstairs to the Impressionists...

The ONLY reason to live near NYC...the museums...

and China Town..;)

I'm voting out that no good Frazetta guy. What has he done?

Show me any one panel and Frazetta's art is the best. But he has so few panels or covers to compare, and both Eisner and Schomburg contributed so much to what we think of as the language of comic books.

Frazetta is the better "artist" but "comic book artist"? Eisner! So I agree with MrBedrock. In other words, can anyone say Li'l Abner?

Show me any one panel and Frazetta's art is the best. But he has so few panels or covers to compare, and both Eisner and Schomburg contributed so much to what we think of as the language of comic books.

Frazetta is the better "artist" but "comic book artist"? Eisner! So I agree with MrBedrock. In other words, can anyone say Li'l Abner?

Frazetta did Li'l Abner, and his work on the strip was fantastic.

Lil Abner wasn't a showcase for his talent like Johnny Comet but Frazetta can work beautifully in any style including bigfoot hillbilly humor.

Lil Abner wasn't a showcase for his talent like Johnny Comet but Frazetta can work beautifully in any style including bigfoot hillbilly humor.

I think it's even more impressive when an artist has to work within a specific style constraint and yet his talent still shines through, which is what happened when Frazetta worked on Li'l Abner. Having said that, I liked Al Capp's drawings too, so it's not the worst style constraint to have to work under.

I think it's even more impressive when an artist has to work within a specific style constraint and yet his talent still shines through, which is what happened when Frazetta worked on Li'l Abner. Having said that, I liked Al Capp's drawings too, so it's not the worst style constraint to have to work under.

Frazetta's Lil Abner was outstanding like all of his work. My point was that I agree with MrBedrock insofar as Frazetta didn't work a great deal in the comic book medium. Rather he did commercial art, oils, and, well, strips like Abner.

Frazetta's Lil Abner was outstanding like all of his work. My point was that I agree with MrBedrock insofar as Frazetta didn't work a great deal in the comic book medium. Rather he did commercial art, oils, and, well, strips like Abner.

he did do 100's of pages, i think that's enough to qualify him.