• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ST #117 - Original Owner book

12 posts in this topic

Ok, here's the deal:

Back a time long ago, I had an opportunity to purchase books form a collector (if only I knew then...). This was a man who lived in the Eastern Townships of Montreal, QC, Canada. He had a MASSIVE collection! I purchased several hundred books from him (wish I got all!). He had collected from the time he was a boy, bought all from the same store, etc.

The collection has a distinguised "date stamp" (although not sure what the heck it is!). See pic below. He had everything! I cleaned up on most of the keys and runs of titles. I tried calling relatives to find out what had happened to the books as I am sure he has passed on. I never got a retun call; probably because they were french and I called and left a message in english!

Anyways, if anyone out there has books with the same markings, I'd love to hear from you! Seen any? Where? I remember when I first came on here, Red Hook had asked me about the marking as many of the books I was posting had the identifier.

Many of the books had a very slight - heavy overhang. I have a tough time with this! I have seen HG copies slabbed that I thought looked terrible! What is the deal on the O/H?

Anyways, here's the book in question...

Thanks in advance!

St117OO.jpg

ST117OOb.jpg

Call me crazy but that looks like it would be from an automated stamper. I'm guessing that from the back cover having the same # as if it stamped front and back at the same time. You know how a time punch machine is. That's what it looks like.

Call me crazy but that looks like it would be from an automated stamper. I'm guessing that from the back cover having the same # as if it stamped front and back at the same time. You know how a time punch machine is. That's what it looks like.

Never know!

I assumed it was transfer from the book behind.

I like the automated stamper theory though... sounds catchier! "The Auto Stamped Collection!". hm

Thanks,

John (thumbs u

That is a really nice book johnny. (thumbs u

Amazing colors and corners. As is this book is not a 9.0, nor is it a 8.0

So that leaves me with 8.5

A very, VERY nice 8.5 Heck I might even go 9.0 given the overall quality of the book.

And that stamp almost looks military.( I honestly have no idea)

Ze-

There's an impact tear on the front cover I think...

8.0 or 7.5 depending on the severity.

(Where it says Doctor Strange)

I saw that too Shin but wrote it off as not true tear due to how clean the area was surrounding the crease in question. That would have to have been one swift, clean,hard impact tear to not leave behind some kind of concave/convex residual V creasing. As most impact tears overlap at some point, what part is above and behind the FC?..it is too white.

It might in fact be a tear and I flat out misjudged it. (shrug) If so nice catch,and I blame it on the scan. :shy:

Johnny, You back from wings and beer yet?

There's an impact tear on the front cover I think...

8.0 or 7.5 depending on the severity.

(Where it says Doctor Strange)

I saw that too Shin but wrote it off as not true tear due to how clean the area was surrounding the crease in question. That would have to have been one swift, clean,hard impact tear to not leave behind some kind of concave/convex residual V creasing. As most impact tears overlap at some point, what part is above and behind the FC?..it is too white.

It might in fact be a tear and I flat out misjudged it. (shrug) If so nice catch,and I blame it on the scan. :shy:

Johnny, You back from wings and beer yet?

Who speaks like this? :baiting:lol

That would have to have been one swift, clean, hard impact tear to not leave behind some kind of concave/convex residual V creasing.

Who speaks like this? :baiting:lol

That would have to have been one swift, clean, hard impact tear to not leave behind some kind of concave/convex residual V creasing.

I guess I do. (shrug)

:hi: