• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Foxing Thread

82 posts in this topic

FFB references an article by Tracey Heft. Tracey's article is good, but it does seem a bit alarmist as it essentially makes any book with foxing seem like it has the bubonic plague and needs to be treated as if it was radioactive.

In my personal experience, and from all the anecdotal evidence I've heard from longtime GA collectors with numerous books with foxing, it will not spread if the books are stored properly (sealed in comic bags in a cool, dry place.)

The only times I've ever heard about foxing developing (or possibly spreading) is when books were stored unprotected in humid, warm conditions.

Hmm... well, I try to not expose my books to those conditions, but I'm not sure I want to risk it given that there is also a certain mustiness to the book that is worrisome.

Okay, aside from the flame war throughout all of p. 3 and half of p.2, this is a great thread (kudos for getting it going Zonker!) for two reasons: 1. all of the great info on foxing- which.... makes sense given the subject header 27_laughing.gif and 2. the hidden gem of Pov's "How Do You Find Resto In Your Comics" block of text. I hesitate to call it a guide, FAQ, or anything along those lines in the event of resparking the flames of war... wink.gif

But yeah, definitely a great thread. I might even go through the "Resto block of text" and use it as a guideline (hope that's a safe term) to begin checking many of my own comics for restoration. Thanks!