• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If I ran Marvel Comics....

64 posts in this topic

Here would be my lineup of titles....All titles fall in continuity(with the exception of Marvel Next), all Marvel Universe books in Marvel House style. Cover Price drops to 2.00 across the board with the exception of Tales of the Marvels which would be a nicer format book. I would drop the Ultimate line entirely and incorporate the talent into the Marvel Universe.

Marvel Universe - editor in chief Brian Michael Bendis

Marvel House cover artists - Neal Adams, Greg Horn, Adam Hughes, Alex Ross, Simone Bianchi, J Scott Campbell

Amazing Spider-man - writer Brian Michael Bendis, artist - Ron Garney

Spectacular Spider-man - writer Chuck Dixon, artist Mike Deodato

Marvel Team-up - writer Jeph Loeb, artist JRJR

the Mighty Avengers - writer Brian Michael Bendis, artist Frank Cho

the Incredible Hulk - writer Greg Pak, artist JRJR

the Mighty Thor - writer JM Straczynski, artist Mike Deodato

Captain America - writer Ed Brubaker, artist Steve Epting

the Invincible Iron Man - writer Jim Krueger, artist Alex Ross

Daredevil & Elektra - writer Ed Brubaker, artist David Finch

Ms Marvel - writer Jeph Loeb, artist Michael Turner

She Hulk - writer Frank Cho, artist Frank Cho/ Adam Hughes

Spider-woman - writer Chuck Dixon, artist Greg Land

Fantastic Four - writer Geoff Johns, artist George Perez

Shield - writer Ed Brubaker, artist Greg Land

Warlock - writer Jim Starlin, artist Greg Land

Silver Surfer - writer Keith Giffen, artist Ethan Van Sciver

Captain Marvel - writer Jim Starlin, artist Jim Cheung

Cosmic Avengers - featuring Warlock, Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel, Nova, Gamora, Drax, Eros, and Pip the Troll - writer Jim Shooter, artist George Perez

X-Men (Cyclops, Phoenix, Angel, Beast, Iceman, Prof X) - writer Mark Waid, artist Andy Kubert

Uncanny X-Men (Cable, Storm, Wolverine, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Gambit) - writer Ed Brubaker, artist Adam Kubert

Wolverine - writer Mark Millar, artist Marc Silvestri/ Ian Churchill

Astonishing X-Men - writer Whedon, artist Cassaday

Exiles - featuring Deadpool, Sabretooth, Mystique, and Emma Frost - writer Joe Kelly, artist Joe Madueira

Punisher - writer Garth Ennis, artist Richard Corben

Moon Knight - writer Mark Millar, Brian Hitch

Deathlok - writer Warren Ellis, artist Rich Buckler

Underworld - featuring tales of street level criminals of the Marvel Universe (Kingpin, Norman Osborne, Bullseye,etc) told in a Sopranos style story - writer Brian Azzarello, artist Mike Deodato

Werewolf by Night - writer Robert Kirkman, artist Mike Ploog

Strange Tales - featuring Ghost Rider and Dr Strange - writer Robert Kirkman, artist Texeira, Frank Brunner

Marvel Chillers - featuring Dracula and Frankenstein Monster - writer Robert Kirkman, artist Eric Powell/ Mike Ploog

Marvel Mystery Tales - horror anthology title featuring a rotating group of artists and writers, specifically - artists Neal Adams, Bernie Wrightson, Arthur Suydam, Ploog, Powell, Brunner, etc

Marvel Zombies - writer Robert Kirkman, artist Sean Phillips

Tales of the Marvels - featuring stories of Marvel Characters set in the GA & SA(not reprints, but new stories) - writer Kurt Busiek, artist Alex Ross

Marvel Next

Spider-girl - writer Tom Defalco, artist Pat Olliffe

Young Avengers - writer Geoff Johns, artist Jim Cheung

New Mutants - writer Mark Waid, artist Rob Liefeld

These would be great

Marvel Chillers - featuring Dracula and Frankenstein Monster - writer Robert Kirkman, artist Eric Powell/ Mike Ploog

Werewolf by Night - writer Robert Kirkman, artist Mike Ploog

She Hulk - writer Frank Cho, artist Frank Cho/ Adam Hughes ( I bet Sh-hulk would have some bigA boobs.

I would love to see Alex Ross do one shot books of Silver surfer, Spiderman, Thor.

I'd do a WWII-era Invaders with Busiek writing and Adam Hughes art. Adam said this is the book he's always wanted to do. My guees is it would be some of his best art ever.

I'd do a WWII-era Invaders with Busiek writing and Adam Hughes art. Adam said this is the book he's always wanted to do. My guees is it would be some of his best art ever.

That would be pretty damn cool. I'd check that out. (thumbs u

It's a cool list Dale, but you want Alex Ross to be a cover artist and draw two monthly books? lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Seriously though, I like many of the choices but realistically some of those guys can barely pound out one monthly book, never mind more than one.

It's a cool list Dale, but you want Alex Ross to be a cover artist and draw two monthly books? lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Seriously though, I like many of the choices but realistically some of those guys can barely pound out one monthly book, never mind more than one.

I would picture Ross as a cover artist on special events, not every book. I don't know that Tales of the Marvels would be monthly, maybe bi monthly or quarterly.

I tried to keep in mind the work load, putting guys who seem to be able to handle multiple books on multiple books. Ones who are more challenged on only one book. Who specifically did I mess up on in your opinion?

By the way, I would hire a stable of decent talent to fill in when writers or artists get behind. Books would come out on time in my fantasy Marvel world. I would pay the talent enough to keep them, and to keep them working.

Obviously this is a fantasy list, but I tried to keep it realistic and workable.

$2 a book? Would you go back to Bronze era pulp paper?

Personally, I'd love to see a reduced price and no more of that glossy *spoon* they print books on now.

I don't think you would have to go back to pulp. Maybe back to the paper of 8 - 10 years ago. Get rid of the glossy paper stock of the Ultimate line.

I think by dropping the cover price, keeping more books available for reorder (for a limited time), and having quality creators on the books, and not producing a bunch of non selling , sales would rise, and the profit difference would be made up on volume.

I would have every book be available for re-order for about 3 weeks after the release date, even if more books had to be printed. At that point, everything left would be destroyed and recycled. No more 2nd prints. I see no reason to do multiple printings AND trade paperbacks.

I tried to keep in mind the work load, putting guys who seem to be able to handle multiple books on multiple books. Ones who are more challenged on only one book. Who specifically did I mess up on in your opinion?

I wouldn't say you messed up Dale. As I said, I like the list. However, let's keep in mind that this is a "fantasy" list. Greg Land artist on three books???? Penciler AND inker? Never happen.

And this one takes the whole list down a HUGE notch. :sumo:

New Mutants - writer Mark Waid, artist Rob Liefeld