• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If I ran Marvel Comics....

64 posts in this topic

hesdeadjim...is that a Star Trek reference?

Welcome to the boards!! Spend those euros over here!!

Yes it is. Did you know Bones is called Pill over here???

And thanks for the welcome. :)

That is a super cool name.

Now, you've gotta explain Pill, because no, I had no idea he is called Pill. Who calls him Pill & why, etc.????

hesdeadjim...is that a Star Trek reference?

Welcome to the boards!! Spend those euros over here!!

Yes it is. Did you know Bones is called Pill over here???

And thanks for the welcome. :)

That is a super cool name.

Now, you've gotta explain Pill, because no, I had no idea he is called Pill. Who calls him Pill & why, etc.????

Those wacky Germans, what's up with them? It's like they have a different word for everything.

BTW, a quick Google revieled that Pavel Chekov is Pane Chekov and Sulu is Mr. Kento.

Bones translated into German is a word ("Knochen") that is by far not as fluently pronouncable (does that word exist?) as the one they chose. "Pill" in German is "Pille". Easier to say than the other one but it still has that medical relation. Pretty good choice I guess.

And don't believe everything Google says. Pavel Chekov is Pavel Chekov. Mr. Sulu is Mr. Sulu. I've never heard these other names.

Variants, probably

:insane:

To stay on topic: I'm all for pulp paper. And full page Mile High ads. And Reactor Atari Video Game Cartridge ads on the back cover.

Bones translated into German is a word ("Knochen") that is by far not as fluently pronouncable (does that word exist?) as the one they chose. "Pill" in German is "Pille". Easier to say than the other one but it still has that medical relation. Pretty good choice I guess.

And don't believe everything Google says. Pavel Chekov is Pavel Chekov. Mr. Sulu is Mr. Sulu. I've never heard these other names.

Variants, probably

:insane:

To stay on topic: I'm all for pulp paper. And full page Mile High ads. And Reactor Atari Video Game Cartridge ads on the back cover.

We know how old you are now... :D

Spider-girl - writer Tom Defalco, artist Pat Olliffe

(thumbs u (thumbs u

Is Pat Olliffe still active? I have no idea who's working and who isnt'.

BTW - I have a super-sweet Untold Tales of S-M action page I bought off Olliffe during a convention a couple of years ago.

Here would be my lineup of titles....All titles fall in continuity(with the exception of Marvel Next), all Marvel Universe books in Marvel House style. Cover Price drops to 2.00 across the board with the exception of Tales of the Marvels which would be a nicer format book. I would drop the Ultimate line entirely and incorporate the talent into the Marvel Universe.

immediately make all monthly comics be available to be read online per .99 cents a issue and also be able to download monthly comics to ipods and zune.

Dale,

With the new Apple iTouch and iPhone, you can access downloadable comic pages when you are at a coffee shop or downtown where there is "free" wifi in the building. You may now be able to have the flip touch sensation like flipping through photos on your Apple product. :popcorn:

If I ran MARVEL COMICS...

I'd bring back all of Marvel's characters back to how they were before all the Onslaught BS. Thats when it really started to loss me and a lot of others.

Continue the original series volumes from were they left off. None of the starting new volume BS.

Nothing was wrong with the original, why change um. Have them evolve on as time goes by. Not kill um off suddenly and bring um back with new different origins.

Create some new heros that will become the icons of this century. There hasn't been a new hero created in decades that anyone on the outside of comics can name.

Those are just a few.

Here would be my lineup of titles....All titles fall in continuity(with the exception of Marvel Next), all Marvel Universe books in Marvel House style. Cover Price drops to 2.00 across the board with the exception of Tales of the Marvels which would be a nicer format book. I would drop the Ultimate line entirely and incorporate the talent into the Marvel Universe.

immediately make all monthly comics be available to be read online per .99 cents a issue and also be able to download monthly comics to ipods and zune.

CrossGen tried something like this and it failed miserably. For some reason most people didn't like reading comics on-screen. There's just something about holding a comic in your hand and flipping the pages that almost as much a part of "comics" as reading the story. You just don't have that element with something online.

CrossGen tried something like this and it failed miserably. For some reason most people didn't like reading comics on-screen. There's just something about holding a comic in your hand and flipping the pages that almost as much a part of "comics" as reading the story. You just don't have that element with something online.

yep

Awesome Reference! Reactor was ridiculous.

img665.jpg