• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If I ran Marvel Comics....

64 posts in this topic

If I ran MARVEL COMICS...

I'd bring back all of Marvel's characters back to how they were before all the Onslaught BS. Thats when it really started to loss me and a lot of others.

Marvels characters were bought back to how they were before Onslaught, about one year after they were changed. (shrug)

Here would be my lineup of titles....All titles fall in continuity(with the exception of Marvel Next), all Marvel Universe books in Marvel House style. Cover Price drops to 2.00 across the board with the exception of Tales of the Marvels which would be a nicer format book. I would drop the Ultimate line entirely and incorporate the talent into the Marvel Universe.

immediately make all monthly comics be available to be read online per .99 cents a issue and also be able to download monthly comics to ipods and zune.

CrossGen tried something like this and it failed miserably. For some reason most people didn't like reading comics on-screen. There's just something about holding a comic in your hand and flipping the pages that almost as much a part of "comics" as reading the story. You just don't have that element with something online.

yeah but nobody really ever heard of the CrossGen characters. Spiderman and Wolverine would be huge sellers at 99 cents a pop. on running Marvel my first job would be to get more readers and most people now have ipods and online access. not many people will drive to some out of the way hole in the wall and pay 2.99 a pop for a comicbook but will pay 99 cents a pop to download the latest issue of Spidey or Wolverine.

Here would be my lineup of titles....All titles fall in continuity(with the exception of Marvel Next), all Marvel Universe books in Marvel House style. Cover Price drops to 2.00 across the board with the exception of Tales of the Marvels which would be a nicer format book. I would drop the Ultimate line entirely and incorporate the talent into the Marvel Universe.

immediately make all monthly comics be available to be read online per .99 cents a issue and also be able to download monthly comics to ipods and zune.

CrossGen tried something like this and it failed miserably. For some reason most people didn't like reading comics on-screen. There's just something about holding a comic in your hand and flipping the pages that almost as much a part of "comics" as reading the story. You just don't have that element with something online.

yeah but nobody really ever heard of the CrossGen characters. Spiderman and Wolverine would be huge sellers at 99 cents a pop. on running Marvel my first job would be to get more readers and most people now have ipods and online access. not many people will drive to some out of the way hole in the wall and pay 2.99 a pop for a comicbook but will pay 99 cents a pop to download the latest issue of Spidey or Wolverine.

I really don't think people just want to read comics. I think they want to read and COLLECT comics. That is something some people just don't get.