• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

60,000 new comics--SEND WANT LISTS!

30 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I've just made arrangements to get access to a 60,000 back issue comics inventory. The guy was going to do some sort of online selling but never got around to it so they've been off the market untouched and un-cherry picked for years. Some of them will be coming to www.houseofcomics.com real soon, but the main thing I'm doing first is soliciting wantlists here and from my regular email list.

These 220 long boxes are above average for a 60,000 comic book lot in that 10,000 or more are "vintage." By that I mean pre-1980. So I expect lots of 1960-1979 books but don't hold out much hope for 40s and 50s. (There should be a few.) I also doubt there will be any pre-1965 high-grade books so if your want list is something like 9.0 and up DC ten-centers, you probably don't have to send me a wantlist.

But still--this is the best batch I've added since my HiJinx Comics backstock buyout in 2005. (A lot of you remember sending me wantlists back then, right after 2005 San Diego.) If you're trying to put any Marvel run together or need some obscure 70s books or need minor keys, please send me your list! (I'm happy to take phone calls too--the number is easy to find on our website.) I'm very happy to take requests for 80s and 90s books too, even really low-print run ones. This is a ton of books but almost all the boxes are already sorted so I should be able to check wants very easily.

Even if there's nothing in this batch for you, I'd love to see want lists anyway as I do see a decent amount of books in a year and I also work pretty closely with Harley. If I don't have something I often can check with him. He has a new catalog coming soon and that means lots of new books.

Marc

Any original comic art or obscure UG related stuff like S. Clay Wilson's 20 Drawings portfolio (1967) in that horde? :wishluck:

Not going to be any art but I wouldn't be surprised at a small undergrounds section. I remember you mentioning the S. Clay Wilson port. in the VCC wantlist thread. Can you describe this item or show me a picture? I know someone with an underground collection she's willing to sell and while most of it was only a bit exciting (it's all the good stuff, but mostly 2nd printings as she was attending aChicago art school at the time, not in the Haight) she had on S. Clay Wilson item I couldn't quickly ID.

Thanks,

Marc

And thanks to everyone for the wantlists so far coming in by PM and email. A really high pct. of them for the page views.

Any NM- or better picture frame Marvels?

We shall see!

I have to say, the HiJinx buy had 2000 Marvels from 1965-1974 and out of that there were maybe 15 or 20 in NM- shape. So I'm of the opinion that warehouses are almost the only places to find books that nice.

Thanks for posting.

Btw, thank god for the new PM system with the threaded messages. It would be a nightmare for me to deal with all these PM conversations about want lists if it was the old days.

Marc

We shall see!

I have to say, the HiJinx buy had 2000 Marvels from 1965-1974 and out of that there were maybe 15 or 20 in NM- shape. So I'm of the opinion that warehouses are almost the only places to find books that nice.

Thanks for posting.

Btw, thank god for the new PM system with the threaded messages. It would be a nightmare for me to deal with all these PM conversations about want lists if it was the old days.

Marc

Well heck, now you have my want list :baiting:

We shall see!

Thanks for posting.

Marc

Well heck, now you have my want list :baiting:

My want list is nicer than your want list. :baiting: