• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pricing on a Captain America 27 Restored{A} Tear Seals.

28 posts in this topic

I apologize if this question is in the wrong forum. If it is please let me know. I will move it to the appropriate forum. I would like to know what fellow collectors think a Captain America #27 in 2.0 Restored{A} condition is worth?? Tear seals were done on this book. Thanks in advance for your opinions. I will try to get a scan up.

589a93e98fee3_46777-CaptainAmerica27a.jpg.48c9c5f953ee1e8532e4e390bc1b0c78.jpg

I myself would not go over 100% of good guide value ($271) with the restoration. And then only if it is all attached and relatively flat. Without a scan, I think you are probably right in your estimate and to narrow it down a little more $200 - $250.

Yeah, you probably should have posted this in General or the GA forum. It is hard enough for the sellers to keep their listings on the front page as it is with all the thread hijacking and unnecessary replies and posts that go on.

If its a real nice 2.0 with only tear seals I would put the value around $350....Its real hard to judge, but that would be a minimum start point for that book. I have bought over 100 Timely's many being Caps in the last 12 months so my guage is pretty well set on what one should expect to pay. Not to say you can't pick one up cheaper, but $350 is a fair start price in this market.

Paul

Not to belittle Mr. Shomberg's extensive Cap-purchasing experience, but the "amateur" restoration would be a concern for me for this book, despite the great cover appeal (Cap on a tank-shift motorcycle). Also, I wonder about one comment - how can it "look" like a 5.5 if it's already graded 2.0? If this book sells for $350, you should be extremely pleased. I'd agree with your original assessment of around $200. Just one man's opinion, of course.

With all due respect. A CGC Blue Label is up on Comic Link for $2,000 I highly doubt this book will get anywhere near $400.00 I have PM'd a few board members who I believe collect books of this type and era. There price was around $150 - $225 One board member was at a high of $300 Splitting the difference is around $250.00 I hope the book sells for as much as the owner can get for it. But I find $525 very, very high for this particular book.

you'd be amazed how much these boardies know about Cap prices...I think you're fooling yourself to think it'll go for $150-$200.....but we'll see. Did you post a link to the auction?

With all due respect. A CGC Blue Label is up on Comic Link for $2,000 I highly doubt this book will get anywhere near $400.00 I have PM'd a few board members who I believe collect books of this type and era. There price was around $150 - $225 One board member was at a high of $300 Splitting the difference is around $250.00 I hope the book sells for as much as the owner can get for it. But I find $525 very, very high for this particular book.

Then don't buy it.

I find your GSX #1 CGC 6.5 VERY, VERY high as well. Last sale was under $200, and yet what do you price yours at?

If you are unaware that this is one of the top 5 Captain America covers out there, and don't appreciate it for that, then you probably didn't want the book to begin with. Board members always think prices are high on someone else's books. The only prices that are fair to any board member are their own prices.

If you are unaware that this is one of the top 5 Captain America covers out there, and don't appreciate it for that, then you probably didn't want the book to begin with.

precisely. i don't think your price is out of line. i know what the last couple of key marvel mysterys went for (the super plane and zeppelin covers) and this issue is more popular after its appearance in the current series.

46860-item9437.jpg.c92f372782e13e9341f158d03fc3d3b2.jpg

If you are unaware that this is one of the top 5 Captain America covers out there, and don't appreciate it for that, then you probably didn't want the book to begin with.

precisely. i don't think your price is out of line. i know what the last couple of key marvel mysterys went for (the super plane and zeppelin covers) and this issue is more popular after its appearance in the current series.

I know what I just paid for a slight amateur restored VG- MMC 44 (the super plane cover) and can tell you it was not cheap.

I don't see how any complete GA Cap would not sell at $150-200. This book is certainly more than an average Cap.

Like I said I asked a few board members by PM. I hope it sells for as much as he can get for it. It just wont be me buying it.. As far as my GSXM #1 goes it may be high. But the rest are well priced... hopefully whoever wants these books gets them. No harm no foul. I wasn't trying to knock any book. I just posted what a few board members thought it was worth. Members that know this area of books better than I do.

Like I said I asked a few board members by PM. I hope it sells for as much as he can get for it. It just wont be me buying it.. As far as my GSXM #1 goes it may be high. But the rest are well priced... hopefully whoever wants these books gets them. No harm no foul. I wasn't trying to knock any book. I just posted what a few board members thought it was worth. Members that know this area of books better than I do.
:blahblah: