• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Got any cool comic stuff from the 1960s or 1970s

79 posts in this topic

I don't have any vintage stuff, but I did just buy the "Marvel Vault", with replicas of a lot of very cool items: F.O.o.M. member card, No-Prize, Marvel office guest pass, etc, etc.

When I get home, I'll take a few pics . . . :cloud9:

Ha, I just bought that yesterday! Looks pretty cool!

thirdeye1.jpg

I love those third eye posters - I've got the Iron Man one and the Dr Strange "Eternity" one...., but no longer anywhere to hang them...., :sorry:

thirdeye2.jpg

I love these oddball things. :cloud9:

Huge laminated placemats, I think (not sure) they were released with those DC Pepsi glasses. (These are the only ones I've personally ever seen)

One side has origin stories, and the other iconic DC art. The Superman is from that N. Adams #233 cover. :applause:

DCplacemat1.jpg

DCplacemat2.jpg

DCplacemat4.jpg

DCplacemat5.jpg

2005FunPics054.jpg

BTW: The Hulk image on the box of the Hulk Copter is my absolute favorite Hulk art and pure classic IMO. Can anyone tell me who the artist is? This image was used to promote the Hulk on almost everything from the era, yet I'm not entirely sure whose work it is. :blush:

If I had to guess, I would say Sal Buscema.

Dennis

Ooh, I had one of those when I was little. Kept it for years and then sold it for big bucks on eBay. :insane:

I sold off my favourite Shogun Warrior many moons ago. Wish I still had him..... :(

I received Godzilla as a present one Christmas. The tail wouldn't quite fit over the back end and snap on. So, Dad put it in the microwave for a few seconds to warm it up and then it just popped right on. I thought it was the coolest thing.

Every morning I had to watch the Godzilla cartoon with Jana of the Jungle.

Ooh, I had one of those when I was little. Kept it for years and then sold it for big bucks on eBay. :insane:

I sold off my favourite Shogun Warrior many moons ago. Wish I still had him..... :(

I received Godzilla as a present one Christmas. The tail wouldn't quite fit over the back end and snap on. So, Dad put it in the microwave for a few seconds to warm it up and then it just popped right on. I thought it was the coolest thing.

Every morning I had to watch the Godzilla cartoon with Jana of the Jungle.

Mine was a Christmas present from the folks as well. :cloud9:

Wish I still had all my megos. Stupid collectors & their stupid money.... :pullhair:

Godzilla cartoon :cloud9: