• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT: Who's seen a ghost? For real...

135 posts in this topic

I always ask this question as Halloween approaches, at work or social gatherings, and there's always one or two people who speak up.

I, myself, have never seen a ghost. In some ways, I'd like to, as it would prove, at least to me, that there's something after death. On the other hand, once you've seen a ghost, you live the rest of your life knowing that you might see another. So everytime you hear a noise in the middle of the night...

Since I don't have a story, I'll tell one that I heard from a co-worker. She's a VERY shy Vietnamese girl, about 20 years old. She didn't want to tell me the story(I think she was embarrassed), but to me that only lent credence to her tale...

Last year, she moved into her first apartment. She was in bed one night, when her bedroom door opened, and an elderly man entered. He walked over to her bed, and sat down next to where she lay. She couldn't explain why, but she wasn't afraid of him. She did, however, notice that she couldn't move, as if she were paralyzed. The man stroked her cheek with his hand, and gave her a sincere, grandfatherly smile.

The man visited several times, the sequence of events always the same. After living in the apartment for five months, money got tight and she had to move back in with her parents. When she was clearing out her bedroom closet, she found a small photo of the old man on the floor in the corner. She showed it to her landlord, who told her the old man used to live in her apartment, and in fact had died there.

So come on, give up your TRUE stories of seeing a ghost. There must be one or two of you out there...

A little weird but I had a vision involving my uncle last Saturday telling me everything is fine and he is finally without pain. In my vision I was talking to him in a dark room and remember holding the pocketwatch he gave me on my 18th birthday.

He passed away Sunday morning at 6:22 AM, and coincidence or not, the pocketwatch hands stopped at 6:22

I have never seen a ghost, but I suspect my late grandmother may now be one!

Backstory: My grandmother loved her home -- it was her pride and joy. She never wanted to leave, but upon breaking her hip at age 89, she was forced into a nursing home which she never left. She passed away in 2001 at age 93, but for the 4 years she was in the nursing home, she never stopped asking to go home and often pleaded with my mom and her brothers to take her home.

Well, after she passed away, they sold her home in 2002. The people that bought it maintained it very nicely and really did a nice job of making it even nicer.

One day about 2 years ago, on a whim, my Mom stopped by and rang the bell. She wanted to compliment them and see what they had done to home she grew up in.

The current owner was very nice, invited my Mom in, gave her the tour, and they shared a cup of coffee.

Out of the blue, the lady mentioned that she often felt a presence in the house. Further, she went on to tell my Mom that she had very clearly seen a lady in the basement standing at the wash sink. The lady accurately described my grandmother, including the aapron she used to wear when she did housework.

It sends shivers up my spine when I think about it, but it looks as if Grandma finally made it back to her beloved home.

How do you know?
It's impossible to prove a negative. The believer's job is to prove the existence of the fact claimed.

Maybe they could start by creating a thread where people could relate stories of ghosts they've encountered.

A little weird but I had a vision involving my uncle last Saturday telling me everything is fine and he is finally without pain. In my vision I was talking to him in a dark room and remember holding the pocketwatch he gave me on my 18th birthday.

He passed away Sunday morning at 6:22 AM, and coincidence or not, the pocketwatch hands stopped at 6:22

that happened my friend when his grandfather died, he appeared on the night he passed and said to him that everything will be OK. he found out later that day that he died in an tree falling down on him accident while he slept. no fooling

How do you know?
It's impossible to prove a negative. The believer's job is to prove the existence of the fact claimed.

Maybe they could start by creating a thread where people could relate stories of ghosts they've encountered.

People can tell stories. That doesn't mean that each of them doesn't have an explanation either in science or the human psyche. Ex., I doubt your co-worker did anything but have lucid dreams about this individual. Just Google the Amazing Randy.

There are no true stories of ghosts. They don't exist.

And you know this how? I'm always curious when someone makes a definitive statement like this.

I have never physically seen a ghost, but I have had enough strange experiences to atleast peak my interest in the paranormal.

I think it's worth keeping an open mind about. I'd love to spend the night in a real supposed haunted house or place and investigate these things myself before I draw too many conclusions.

Several years ago, my wife and I were living in a house that we were renting and my wife was sick with the flu. About 2 in the morning she got up to get a drink of water while I was still laying in bed. When she came back into the room, she was walking past the bed to the bathroom and a few feet behind her I saw the upper body of a woman with blond hair and a red top floating behind her with her hands in a praying position. My wife has dark brown hair and was wearing a black top. This figure followed her almost to the bathroom and simply faded away. I don't know what she was, but I think this experience was very cool.

Ken

There are no true stories of ghosts. They don't exist.

And you know this how? I'm always curious when someone makes a definitive statement like this.

I have never physically seen a ghost, but I have had enough strange experiences to atleast peak my interest in the paranormal.

I think it's worth keeping an open mind about. I'd love to spend the night in a real supposed haunted house or place and investigate these things myself before I draw too many conclusions.

I love quoting myself.

I tend to think that ghost stories are like UFO stories... 95% of them can be explained away.

It's the 5% that makes me hm

Seems like these kind of stories have been going on for thousands of years from countless reliable sources. Are they ALL hoaxes or mistaken?

How do you know?

People can tell stories. That doesn't mean that each of them doesn't have an explanation either in science or the human psyche. Ex., I doubt your co-worker did anything but have lucid dreams about this individual. Just Google the Amazing Randy.

You're not telling us anything we don't already know. This thread is for people to relate experiences with ghosts. Curmudgeons are encouraged to do their curmudgeoning elsewhere.

Seems like these kind of stories have been going on for thousands of years from countless reliable sources. Are they ALL hoaxes or mistaken?
Yes. For thousands of years, people believed eclipses were the work of angry gods and required sacrifices. Why don't we see REAL proof in the age of video cameras and sophisticated equipment?