• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OFFICIAL APPOLOGY TO METROPOLIS

89 posts in this topic

For what it's worth, I'm new enough to have no knowledge of your past troubles with Metro and your apology sounds completely sincere.

Sounds like you had some type of bad experience with them, shared it with the boards and after significant time you thought you'd try them again and it was a tremendous improvement over your prior experience.

Now, instead of keeping it quiet and making it easy on yourself, you're letting everyone know that your opinion on their service has reversed. Thanks to your public announcement of a dramatic change in opinion, you're getting huge amounts of grief.

Is that about right?

For what it's worth, I'm new enough to have no knowledge of your past troubles with Metro and your apology sounds completely sincere.

Sounds like you had some type of bad experience with them, shared it with the boards and after significant time you thought you'd try them again and it was a tremendous improvement over your prior experience.

Now, instead of keeping it quiet and making it easy on yourself, you're letting everyone know that your opinion on their service has reversed. Thanks to your public announcement of a dramatic change in opinion, you're getting huge amounts of grief.

Is that about right?

That's exactly right. Some of these guys are just goofing though.

Is that about right?

Awww, Vaughn. Somebody thinks you are taking too much mess. Isn't that cute. Anyone else who believes the 'Trooper gets a bad break around here do two things (1) A search for "Macaroni & Cheese" and "hot sauce" and (2) Check his 'Trooper thread for how many boardies help him with his quest!

PS: Super secret package on its way! You are going to freak out when you see the quality of the MC issue. Without the spine splits it looks like a 9.0! :grin:

Dear Trooper,

Thanks for your post and your recent purchase. If I can be of any assistance on future purchases please feel free to email me directly at vincentz@metropoliscomics.com.

Thanks and Happy Halloween Everybody!

Vincent

I mention Metro favorably in my Iron Man Subby Blog. Check it out.

CAL :hi:

Well Trooper, after taking a look at the inital posting where you mentioned they were open to some reasonable offers I stopped by their site. I'm not knocking them for their friendly and fast service- very quick to provide some excellent scans. I was just really disappointed that they weren't entertaining ANY offers/discounts on the books l was looking at :sorry: Oh well- it was worth a shot!

Well Trooper, after taking a look at the inital posting where you mentioned they were open to some reasonable offers I stopped by their site. I'm not knocking them for their friendly and fast service- very quick to provide some excellent scans. I was just really disappointed that they weren't entertaining ANY offers/discounts on the books l was looking at :sorry: Oh well- it was worth a shot!

I wouldn't sweat it. With all of the venues available these days for buying comic books, the books you want will come along. And they will probably be less expensive too.

Oh yeah- I just figured I'd see if it would work out for me too. Given enough patience/persistence, I've been pretty fortunate in building my collection and my missing issues will eventually find their way around to my longbox :)