• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This just in... new moderns in your collection...

319 posts in this topic

In the registry for UXM 423, there are slots for the 25 cent cover price and the newsstand price variant.

Those are treated different. Collectors have actively been collecting both versions since people realized the newsstand copies of these special discount issues were difficult to find. At least the first couple released (FF #60 being one).

Can't say the same for the normal monthly DM $2.25 and newsstand $2.99 issues which have been going for quite a while now.

Jim

Why is newsstand higher priced?

Marvel's gouging the consumer... :insane:

They probably wanted to increase income but saw that an across the board DM price increase wouldn't sit well with fans or retailers. So they increased the newsstand issues where the flak for doing so would be far less.

Stupid move short term thinking yet again on Marvel's part in my opinion. You think comics are too expensive at your LCS? Hell, newsstands typically don't even offer a discount. So they effectively curtailed the number of impulse buys through newsstands...which I suspect is the majority of their sales in this venue...

Jim

That #3 was in great shape, it must just be a hard copy to get in 9.8.

** Steve, I have two #3's coming my way ungraded, I will let you know on what I think they are. I am going to be sending them Pre Screen if in good shape. **

Awesome, thanks Chris!!!! :foryou: