• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the value of a Head Sketch/Remarked book?

10 posts in this topic

I have a bunch of CGC SS books coming back from Orlando Con and I was wondering thier aproximate value.

How does one go about pricing or placing a value on a CGC SS book that has a headsketch/remarked especially since there are not very many of these being sold on ebay?

Do you go by the size of the sketch? the artist?

How does the CGC grade play into it, I know many of you have sold books like this before and any guidance would be appreciated.

I will be taking offers on SOME of the books when they come back from CGC(due to spending WAYYY to much on fallen son commissions I AM BROKE), but I wont finalize any offers until they come back from CGC!!!!

Please feel free to PM me if your interested in any of the books I have in the For Sale or Possibily for Sale.

I have already had 3 people contact me about the V #1 Sketch

I will post pics when then come in, and I am only looking to see a few of them.

They include

NOT FOR SALE

New Avengers #4 (Jim Cheung Ronin Head sketch 9.8)

Thunderbolts #110 (Leinil Yu Venom Head Sketch 9.8)

Fallen Son #3 (Mike Perkins Full figure Winter soldier sketch 9.6)

Hitman #60 (Darick Robertson Hitman Head Sketch) 9.4

Boys #1 (Darick Robertson Killer the Dog Head Sketch and personalized) 9.0

POSSIBLY FOR SALE DEPENDING ON OFFER

Brave and the Bold #100 (Nick Cardy Batman head sketch 7.0)

Marvel Secret Wars #8 (John Beatty Head sketch 9,4)

52 #52 Diamond RRP (Darick Robertson Superman Sketch 9.4)

UP FOR GRABS

V for Vendetta #1 (David Lloyd V Head sketch) 9.0

New X-men Annual 2001 (Leinil Yu Xorn Head Sketch) 9.0

Heroes for Hire #1 (Billy Tucci Capt Head Sketch) 9.6

i think alot of the forumites here will agree with me when i say that we will pay out of the buttocks for the books we want, and that's even more true for signed & sketched/remarked books.

i think the artist is more of a factor as opposed to size, as certain artists automatically demand certain "premium" prices for artwork done by them

i think the grade of a signed and sketch book does have an affect on the price, but it really depends on the book itself.

my 2cents

I add in cost of book, slabbing fees, shipping, cost to do sketch if any, who the artist is, the grade.

Based on what you have listed (assuming sketches were free), here is what I would start my pricing at.

New Avengers #4 (Jim Cheung Ronin Head sketch 9.8) $50

Thunderbolts #110 (Leinil Yu Venom Head Sketch 9.8) $75

Fallen Son #3 (Mike Perkins Full figure Winter soldier sketch 9.6) $125

Hitman #60 (Darick Robertson Hitman Head Sketch) 9.4 $45

Boys #1 (Darick Robertson Killer the Dog Head Sketch and personalized) 9.0 (zero it's personalized)

POSSIBLY FOR SALE DEPENDING ON OFFER

Brave and the Bold #100 (Nick Cardy Batman head sketch 7.0) $75

Marvel Secret Wars #8 (John Beatty Head sketch 9,4) $50

52 #52 Diamond RRP (Darick Robertson Superman Sketch 9.4) unsure of rrp pricing.

UP FOR GRABS

V for Vendetta #1 (David Lloyd V Head sketch) 9.0 $75

New X-men Annual 2001 (Leinil Yu Xorn Head Sketch) 9.0 $40

Heroes for Hire #1 (Billy Tucci Capt Head Sketch) 9.6 $40

Cool...most were free and I agree with you on most. The only one that is low is the Fallen Son #3 since the cost of the sketch was $100 and the fact that perkins said that it was his first and last time doing a full figure sketch on a fallen son book. If I ever were to sell it (which I dont have any immediate plans to do) I would be looking for at least double of your price)

Cool...most were free and I agree with you on most. The only one that is low is the Fallen Son #3 since the cost of the sketch was $100 and the fact that perkins said that it was his first and last time doing a full figure sketch on a fallen son book. If I ever were to sell it (which I dont have any immediate plans to do) I would be looking for at least double of your price)

and those are exactly the reasons why you have the best indicator of price involved in any book.

I have several people that want an Ottely FS book I have, but the price is not where they want to be. I know what I have into it, the time I spent, the fact that he is not at a lot of conventions and then...I base my price on that.

I think the way you are going about it is correct, obviously, scans of the sketches would be helpful in determining if the prices Anthony laid out are close or not (when you get them). Obviously the detail associated with a 'sketch' increases the value, the less time (say a 30 second sketch) really doesn't add that much unless it is a difficult creator to get a signature from...

IMO...