• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some Halloween Art in the "Spirit" of the Season.Shiverbones-style

18 posts in this topic

Thought it might be a good idea to post some Halloween Art on my CAF.

It's my favorite holliday and I got some great pieces from our very own "Shiverbones" Matthew Kirscht.

Booo to Yooooooo!!!

Enjoy and Happy Halloween.

Chris

I don't speak French (shrug)

but I get the gist of what's going on. One day I'll get around to posing the rest of the story :devil: and the other 80 pages :devil: :devil:

My guess is it has something to do with a Pizza delivery guy and no money to pay him, a broken Air Conditioner and the need to remove clothing from the heat, and dirty pool filter in need of "unclogging"....just a guess.

C

My first commission from Tim Sale and a great Halloween piece:

joker1995.jpg

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Page=1&Order=Date&Piece=86895&GSub=11453&GCat=0&UCat=0

Love Tim Sale, Love this piece, Love Halloween...lotta love in the room.

C

I don't speak French (shrug)

but I get the gist of what's going on. One day I'll get around to posing the rest of the story :devil: and the other 80 pages :devil: :devil:

My guess is it has something to do with a Pizza delivery guy and no money to pay him, a broken Air Conditioner and the need to remove clothing from the heat, and dirty pool filter in need of "unclogging"....just a guess.

C

If I were still in community college I would ask my Spanish teacher as she also taught French. I liked to give her a hard time. She made us write sentences on the board in Spanish. We had just learned the word for "to spend the night," So I wrote in Spanish, "The children were afraid to spend the night at Neverland Ranch because they were afraid Michael Jackson would touch them." Needless to say mine was the only one she didn't read out loud to the rest of the class.

If only I understood French... :o

Something about "Who is this charmer Brigitte ..." and the second girl says something about agreeing with her and wanting a bite (mouthfull?)?" That's not a literal translation ... but I think that's the gist of it.

My French is very rusty (not that it was ever very good) ... and the free translators online don't help much.

"Brigitte is very enchanting isn't she ?"

"You don't say...I really feel like taking a bite out of her"

Did my best to translate it so that the "double-entendres" aren't lost